Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned in the title header I have posted some early pics of the map. Note that this is simple playtest art and does not reflect the final quality of the map. I promise you that the final version of the game will look very cool.

The object of showing this early art is to simply give you an indication of the scope of the game and some of the detail in the mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Image of city map now posted!
I have added a pic of the prototype city map to the images. This map is used to determine the placement of target marker (Newhaven, Paramatta, Wanganui types), HE and incendiary bomb counters and where major conflagrations begin.

You can see the major types of area marked on the map:

City Centre. Areas of administration, cultural interest and/or dense residential occupation.

Residential. Civilian residential and small business.

Transportation. These include things such as marshalling yards, rail repair depots, ports and warhehousing.

Industrial. Heavy industrial.

Fields. Rural with low population density.

There are different maps representing different sizes of city. This is Map B and represents cities of the order of 2,000 to 3,500 acres.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A new render of the playtest map has been posted up at the Bomber Command website. This is much like the old map, except with a lot of subtle changes. These include:

* New radio beacons, especially in the South and behind the Ruhr.
* And England box to handle the new intruder rules
* A new Tail Wind display
* A new Area Flak symbol covering Bremen

The render can be found here:

http://www.airbattle.co.uk/bombercommand.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.