Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Chirhart
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the rules on minefields, I was wondering what happens after an enemy unit triggers a mine? It says that the mine remains in effect. Okay, let's say:
1. I moved into a Japanese mine field. I revealed a #2 and a hit was rolled. I lose one guy. Can the rest of my guys still fight? Will I trigger the mine again on my next turn if I stay there since it is still "in effect?"

2. I revealed a #2 mine and received no hits. Does the mine remain or get removed? Again, if it stays, then will it trigger again my next turn if I don't move out or trigger if I stay and fight without moving? Can I still battle the turn that no men are lost?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
1. A mine only triggers when you move into the hex with one of your units. So if you stay in the same space, it will not activate until you reenter the hex. Note that you ignore minefields when retreating even if you reenter the hex.

2. What it means by "stay in effect" is that you do not remove the mine token. You just now know the value of the mine and can avoid it if it is too high. The only mine token you remove is an exposed Zero. If the mine misses when triggered, consider yourself lucky. But the next unit to move into that hex will roll the same number of dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.