Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Hough
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey BGG, not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but here goes anyway. I could really use some good thoughts, prayers, whatever right now. One of my students was hit by a car last Friday and is in critical condition on life support and his future condition is pretty much up in the air right now. I'd appreciate it if you can put in a good word to whatever you believe in for me or just channel some positive thoughts for my student Alix

We have a mentor/mentee relationship and I feel like I owe it to him to get a little extra support.

Thanks in advance everybody!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Bosh wrote:
Hey BGG, not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but here goes anyway. I could really use some good thoughts, prayers, whatever right now. One of my students was hit by a car last Friday and is in critical condition on life support and his future condition is pretty much up in the air right now. I'd appreciate it if you can put in a good word to whatever you believe in for me or just channel some positive thoughts for my student Alix

We have a mentor/mentee relationship and I feel like I owe it to him to get a little extra support.

Thanks in advance everybody!

No problem.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
...and I thought my weekend was bad. You know we all need these kinds of gut checks once in awhile to put us in our place and realize how fortunate we are.

Positive energy and good thoughts to you and Alix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get Funkadelic
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem Kyle,

My hopes and prayers go out to Alix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Positive thoughts and prayers put out for Alix to get better soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wishing for Alix's speedy recovery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dude
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Positive thoughts coming your way.

Alix, keeping fighting and get well soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a few former students die in car accidents, and a few others who survived. I definitely will keep him in my prayers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board games addict
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I said a prayer for Alix and wish him a full recovery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the right place. Geeks help each other out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely. Prayers, good thoughts, good wishes, and any positive energy in the neighborhood aimed his way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TannaBanana!
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kyle first a BIG HUG for you! All too often now a days we are afraid to mentor a "child"...or our lives get so busy we have other more 'important' things to do. For Alix...hopes for a speedy recovery.

quoting the Dalai Lama....“Whether one believes in a religion or not, and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion.”

Please keep us posted on his recovery and your journey together!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt & Laurel
United Kingdom
Harrogate
flag msg tools
mb
Wishing Alix a full and swift recovery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thron
United States
Caldwell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your post and your own deep concern have already begun a wave of positive energy, Kyle. On this board it's bound to increase exponentially.

Best wishes to Alix for a speedy recovery, and strength to his family and to you for the emotional roller coaster you're all now dealing with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ove Hillep
Estonia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll send my messages to Taara. Or as Germans understood it 800 years ago - Tharapita...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Maurer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best of luck to him and hope that he pulls through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.