Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To all my fans: Super-short scenarios don't get the star treatment, sorry.

Having lost most of their officers breaking through the American lines, the surviving troops of the Adak-Attu Occupation Force slowed briefly, apparently to consider how best to end their attack (and with it, their lives). Spotting an isolated encampment of the American divisional engineer battalion, they raced towards it with new screams of fury. But engineers are always ready for anything.

American engineers set up on high ground, but dispersed to individual hexes. The Japanese come roaring up a trail through the muskeg in the early arctic dawn trying to fight themselves to death.

Oddly, and awesomely, the JPN player scores a VP if he loses a leader during an assault!

In my game I played the Japanese and stayed on the track through the muskeg as long as possible, then assaulted up the hill from the flank.

My opponent was slow to consolidate his engineer platoons from the initial setup's dispersal and was never able to present a cohesive front.

In assault after assault I tore right through him.

Typical Assault:

2 Japanese platoons and a leader
+1 shift for higher morale
+1 shift for good order leader
+1 shift for being Japanese
+1 shift for being Japanese & particularly psychotic today (scenario special rule)

So, with an almost certain +4 column shift for every single assault, you can see how the Japanese will just blow through the engineers unless they run into a 3 platoon stack & leader that's dug-in and has first fire... something my opponent failed to organize before it was too late.

Japanese Steplosses - 1
American Steplosses - 11

Absolute Japanese Victory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
To all my fans: Super-short scenarios don't get the star treatment, sorry.

We dont care we still love you anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
modest ... kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.