Popular Tags: [View All]
Per Sylvan
Sweden
STOCKHOLM
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
I've only play LC a few times.
What is a 'low' , 'normal' and 'high' score, for a single round of play?

Just curious...

I'm thinking something like:

10 pts - Low score
30 pts - Average 'OK' score
50 pts - A high scoré

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Lange
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience, the variance between plays is so high that it is hard to classify scores as "high" and "low". It depends so much on which cards you get, that getting 10 points can win you one game and see you completely demolished in the next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only is the answer highly variable, it depends on the play style of the players. Some players rush the game along, rarely discarding cards. This leads to low scores. With this style, the average might be somewhere in the area of 30 per hand. Other players take their time, discarding freely in an attempt to build long suits (and at the same time giving their opponents a chance to do so as well.) With this style you can easily see averages of nearly 100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BSW (Brettspielwelt; a site where you play boardgames life online against real opponents) counts each hand as one game. Some results from the statistics there:

The average points per hand for the 100 players with most games played (about 900000 total) is 36.94 points.
If i sort all players which played more than 10 hands of Lost cities (10368) by their average points per game, the medium players (position in the middle of the list) have 33.23 points per hand.

So 35 points are an average score.

Edit: confused game/hand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Sylvan
Sweden
STOCKHOLM
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Werbaer wrote:
BSW (Brettspielwelt; a site where you play boardgames life online against real opponents) counts each game as one hand. Some results from the statistics there:

The average points per hand for the 100 players with most games played (about 900000 total) is 36.94 points.
If i sort all players which played more than 10 hands of Lost cities (10368) by their average points per game, the medium players (position in the middle of the list) have 33.23 points per hand.

So 35 points are an average score.

Wow - thank you - that was very interesting info !

A whopping nine hundred thousand games ...??? wow

That's .... a lot of games!

With those kind of statistics, the info has to mean something.. Again - thank you !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kiser
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My girlfriend and I have kept track of all of our game scores. Up to 234 of them now.

For Player 1:
Avg: 43.175
Median: 40
Max: 135
Min: -16
Std. Dev.: 27.4

Player 2:
Avg: 36.49
Median: 37.5
Max: 111
Min: -26
Std. Dev.: 24.42

I'll let you decide which player is which.

I am reasonably certain scores are correlated as well, though my idea was shot down on here a year or two ago. Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.