Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: I like to putter. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it's a sign of being a middle-class, middle-aged suburbanite fuddy-duddy, but I've come to the realization that I get much satisfaction of just puttering around the house.

I finally had a decent (if windy) weekend, with no other plans, that I was able to work on a number of projects.

d10-1I did a little weeding

d10-2helped my son clean his BS Troop tent

d10-3drained the old water heater (it was replaced with a tankless) and cut it free of the water and electrical lines

d10-4tinker with some old radios (electrical and cosmetic repairs)

d10-5put the front end back on my '62 VW (it'll be on the road soon!!!)

d10-6tinkered with a dovetail cutting jig to prepare for a drawer making project (still don't have it cutting right... went through a lot of scrap wood)

d10-7I took the wife and kids out to dinner for Mother's Day (OK, that's not puttering, but it was part of the activites)

d10-8Hit some tag sales and found a couple of Coleman lanterns to rebuild (yet another hobby of mine. Haven't done any in awhile). These two are 200A models, the iconic little red ones with the round globe, a favorite of mine.

I realized that I was quite contented, so much so that I even skipped game night with my local game group! (sorry, guys)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.