Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Holmes
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a session report of the first scenario from the Barbarossa Grand Campaign between my 8-year old son, David, and myself. David played the Russians and I played the Germans

18th Panzer Division versus 62nd Fortified District. The Russians have 5 reserve token, the germans 3. After rolling, neither side decide to commit reserves this early in the campaign

The German Panzergrenadiers move forward and, with artillery support, take out the dug-in tanks of the front line Soviet defences. As the supply train heads for the disembarkation point the German armour masses in readiness for a move on the town of Matykaky.

The Russian supply train manages to reach the station and 2 infantry units disembark before the Germans have time to push forward.

The keen Soviet foot sweep forward in a human wave counterattack against the German armour and manage to overwhelm them.

The German Panzers on the left flank make one desperate last effort to attack along the railway line towards the station.

However, its too late as the Russians take out the 5th German unit: the German assualt ends in failure - the bridge over the River Jasnaja remains in Soviets hands.

Russian victory 5 - 4. Onwards to Smolensk (early July)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Davias
France
Reunion
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why the 6th medal ? Should it not have been over by the 5th ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Holmes
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jdavias wrote:
Why the 6th medal ? Should it not have been over by the 5th ?

Hi Jean

yes ... you're right. We did play to 5th medal but I wrongly said 6th in the session report

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.