Popular Tags: [View All]
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey....I want this game but I would much rather have an english version of it. Are there still plans to print an english version? Any idea when?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Other-Asia
msg tools
badge
As published the game comes with English rules and the German card text has never troubled despite my German vocabulary fitting tidily onto the back of a postage stamp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not me that the German is going to bother. It's the people I try to get to play the game with me that I'm sure will mind. I have a hard enough time trying to get people to try new games with me never mind if they're not in english.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that this game is almost 10 years old I really don't think an English version is coming. Adlung has made its more recent games a little more English friendly, but I highly doubt anything is going to change with Meuterer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Late last year the game's designer said that this and Verrater would have English versions out in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel-André Casasola Merkle
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
mb
There are still plans for an English version but I cannot confirm the timeframe by now. Maybe end of this year, maybe next?

Best
Marcel-André
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mumford
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
ceci n'est pas une pipe
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the new version be cards-only, or have a ship, role placards (like San Juan), etc? I love the small deck of cards format, but I bet an American publisher would want to puff it up, and put it in a game box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel-André Casasola Merkle
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I bet you could be right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
photocurio wrote:
Will the new version be cards-only, or have a ship, role placards (like San Juan), etc? I love the small deck of cards format, but I bet an American publisher would want to puff it up, and put it in a game box.

Shame if that is the case - carrying just a pack of cards and having a full game available is really a great concept. Of course, some of these games might get more attention with bigger boxes and production values.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
.308 Jake
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting Marcel...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trippercook wrote:

Keeping the dream alive, still hoping for a not-too-big release maybe from Z-Man Games or any other publisher who still does interesting and innovative card games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
newuser wrote:
trippercook wrote:

Keeping the dream alive, still hoping for a not-too-big release maybe from Z-Man Games or any other publisher who still does interesting and innovative card games.

I know, a deck of cards would be such a minimal investment to produce... both this one and Verrater would be great English releases, I'm sure they'd do well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I too have this game on my TOP 5 TO BUY list, but, as has been said, even though the German language is not game-breaking, it is still a slight distraction for us OCD types.

So, if it takes extra "votes" to get this printed in English, I'm voting!

Caleb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Thomas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(also waiting) =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really surprised this was never republished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lfisher wrote:

Oh good - I'm not the only one checking these forums every 6 months with hopes of an announcement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mb
newuser wrote:
lfisher wrote:

Oh good - I'm not the only one checking these forums every 6 months with hopes of an announcement.

Nope. You're not alone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grady
United States
Oak Ridge
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised there isn't an ArtsCow version of this if the reproduction plans have fallen through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
cgsaunde wrote:
I'm surprised there isn't an ArtsCow version of this if the reproduction plans have fallen through.

Maybe b/c you could buy the German edition for only ~$10 from places like GameSurplus and BoardsAndBits until recently (it's really pretty language independent)... although now both of those are out of stock so I'm wondering if the German edition is now OOP...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's 12 words that need translating in the entire game.
That's not nearly enough to make a whole additional version - I don't think Meuterer holds up nearly as well now as it did even 5 years ago.

MACM make Meuterer 2!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Geruntho
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say I do love this game, bought the German version and found English rules here on BGG. Someone should find out if the game rights are in the hands of the Marcel or if Adlung-Spiele still has them. I would buy an English version just for the friends of mine who find the German intimidating.

Kickstarter? I would prefer to see the game with nothing fancy added in (just the deck of cards), or maybe a small center piece to keep track of rounds. It is just so elegant right now... why fix what isn't broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Geruntho
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
metzgerism wrote:
MACM make Meuterer 2!

I second!!! If you do though, make it somehow work with 2 players so me and Steve can play it regularly. Please!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jjg101 wrote:

Kickstarter? I would prefer to see the game with nothing fancy added in (just the deck of cards), or maybe a small center piece to keep track of rounds. It is just so elegant right now... why fix what isn't broken.

There are some production things I would definitely add, that by being just a small deck of cards it's kind of hurt by:

- Keeping score on a score sheet is fiddly and distracting. Maybe a score track a la Carcassonne or score chits/coins/gems.
- It's kind of a pain to deal with splitting up offers between islands. People tend to forget which went with which island. There could be an "A" chit and a "B" chit to deal with this.
- I feel like I'm constantly shuffling the goods cards; doubling the number of cards would fix this.

But the rules themselves, no need for any changes, they're great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So yeah... is the dream alive? I'm starting to have doubts here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.