Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm quite keen to get a meaty WWII game & am wondering which one seems to be the best in people's opinions out of:-

Combat Commander:Europe
Combat Commanderacific
Conflict Of Heroes

and why?

Bear in mind I do not general play wargames but can handle complex games.

Cheers,

Matt...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
If you feel like a boardgame needs actually a board, you should go for CoH. I get really annoyed by the paper maps included in Combat Commander.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My pick is CC:Europe. Not sure if it is really better than the Pacific version, but there is certainly a lot more available for it.

The CC system is a lot of fun, and the random scenario generator guarantees endless replay value. You will play it a lot.

As the previous poster pointed out, the maps are paper, but a cheap little poster board or piece of plexiglas will solve that problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much as I like Conflict of Heroes, My favorite WWII tactical games are still the Combat Commander series. I have played them many times, and they never get old.

With the card system, even playing the same scenario is never the same twice. Unbelieveable replay ability.

As to which you should choose, Europe or Pacific, I say it is a toss-up. Both are excellent. I would go with whichever theater holds more interest for you (or whichever you can get for less money!).

You would not be disappointed with any of the three games you have listed. I own all 3 (and everything else for Combat Commnader) and would be happy to play any of them at any time.

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Throwing in my two cents. I had the same decision as you. I got Combat Commander: Pacific and pre-ordered Conflict of Heroes: Kursk! Storms of Steel 1943. I wanted the best of both worlds. I decided that I would enjoy the Pacific CC more because of my interest of Japan and their aspect in the war. Also, I didn't want two wargames about the European Theater.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.