Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Markgraf
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
In addition to the Reinforcement Packs described in the previous message, we have three other items in active development, which we hope to have out this summer.

Airborne Alert
This mini-folio’s theme is (WVR) interceptors from the mid-1950s to mid-1970s. It will contain ADCs, MDCs, scenarios and rules for handling target aircraft (bombers) and defensive gunfire.
Mini-folios are smaller modules, low-cost and usually including a box-miniature sheet that is not die-cut (allowing us to do non-standard sizes, such as the full B-52D Stratofortress in Airborne Alert.)

Reinforcements: Tomcats
Another set of box-miniatures sheets built around the Grumman Tomcat, with forward and aft positions for the high-vis F-14A in the main game box. This will be cut using Ad Astra Games’ Huge die, yielding a few box-miniatures larger than those in the current game. This is needed to support the wide span of the F-14 wings in the forward sweep configuration. We’ll use some of the largest boxes for a pair of medium bombers, which should make for some exciting scenario possibilities.
The “Huge” die has previously been used for Dreadnaughts in the Saganami Island Tactical Simulator, Ad Astra’s space game set in the Honor Harrington universe.

Birds of Prey -- next edition
The incorporation of all errata and editorial inputs to the game, plus a largely rewritten tutorial.
For existing customers, replacement booklets will be made available at roughly the printing+shipping cost (which should be a very modest sum.)

Later still
Following this burst of effort, our next planned product will be a more ambitious module including a larger number of aircraft (and less similarities to aircraft on existing ADCs), more missiles and more scenarios.
We will issue another survey to determine the interests of the customer-base. Our surveys from several years back showed a lot of interest ultramodern aircraft, like Raptor, Gripen, Typhoon and Rafale. I am very interested to see how the current group responds, versus the limited sample during playtest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gautier

Rhinebeck
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have a rough ETA on the next edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Markgraf
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Dieroll Honker wrote:
Do you have a rough ETA on the next edition?

Later this summer. No exact date is set at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got BOP. Downloaded and printed all errata.
Is there an actual updated rulebook and tutorial available at nominal cost or is this in the future ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the plan is to release a new rulebook with the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
do you mean Airborne Alert expansion or Birds of Prey Version 2 ?
I think I just read in an Ad Astra BOP forum that the complete new rules edition will come out with BOP version 2 and will be available for owners of version 1 at nominal cost.
Hope it is soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you are correcter than I. I also hope it happens soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Markgraf
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
radsailor wrote:
do you mean Airborne Alert expansion or Birds of Prey Version 2 ?
I think I just read in an Ad Astra BOP forum that the complete new rules edition will come out with BOP version 2 and will be available for owners of version 1 at nominal cost.
Hope it is soon.

You are correct!

In the intervening time, you can order the "latest" revision of any component on the Ad Astra Games website (the GenreConnections shop), although those are at fully loaded costs.

And check my note on the first impressions thread for some insight on the timing and process (and call for testers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.