Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Leung
United States
Half Moon Bay
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A probably not so serious question...how do your order the cards in your hand? By suit or by value?

We just recently go this game and it's been a big hit. However, I started our by ordering the cards by value and I ended up losing 11 out of 13 games to my girlfriend. Then I switched to ordering the cards by suit and I've won the last 2 out of 3.

I guess the only difference is that ordering by suit prioritizes straight flushes while ordering by value prioritizes three of a kinds. Ultimately, I suppose it shouldn't make an impact on your game, unless you're kind of slow like me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Spencer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I order my cards by play priority. I do the same thing in Lost Cities.

If there's a card that I'm pretty sure I want to play and I know where I want to play it, it goes to the right, so that I can mess around with the other cards and see how different combinations might work. If a card can go lots of different places depending on what else I get or if I don't want to play it yet, it goes to the left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M K
Croatia
flag msg tools
At the very beginning I sort cards by color and each color by values from lowest to highest.

But during the game when it's not so obvious what to play (no direct goals to undertake) I go through the elimination procedure and put every card that might get used in the future to the left and put all unnecessary ones to the right. Then I decide which of the unnecessary ones I'm going to play.

Regarding the strategy, leftmost and rightmost flags are ideal places to put bad cards. I usually keep the strong cards for some of the central flags, but I guess you've pretty much realized that, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.