Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Blackman
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

New tile: Machete

Size: Same as a single green hex.

Usage: Placed once on a single black space to connect two different green paths. Can also be used as defence for forest bandit.

Possession Rules: At the start of the game place the machete tile to the side of the board.
Only once per game, give the machete tile to the first player to role a die role of 1.
While you have the machete tile in your possession you may place the tile on a black region adjacent to your current green hex.
The machete tile now stays in this location and is treated like any other green hex space.
When a player crosses the machete tile that was placed on a previous turn they may (optionally) pick up the machete tile and take possession.
If a player has ended their turn on the machete tile, another player crossing the machete tile may not pick up the machete tile this turn.
A player cannot pickup the machete tile if the player starts their turn on the machete tile.

Bandit Rules: The Bandit treats the machete tile as a blank green hex space.
The Bandit cannot pickup the machete tile.
If the Bandit is stopped on the machete tile, due to the main rule, a player may not cross or pickup the machete tile.
If a player has the machete tile in their possession they may "use" the machete tile to counter one bandit steal effect. The machete tile is placed on the player's current green hex space.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow...you've been busy. Haha. That's awesome that you're thinking up variant ideas. I like the idea of bridging a black space with a movable hex space. I'll have to keep that in mind if I get around to making expansions. I want to make sure I can sell enough base games, before producing any expansion packs. I have a few other ideas up my sleeve as well. Thanks for the input!

Shem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Christensen
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
Pat OwlOrbs on the head.
badge
Rub the wizard!
mbmbmbmbmb
See, this is one of the things I like about Linwood, it has that 'kit' feel. And I mean that as a compliment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.