Popular Tags: [View All]
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped geekmodding for a while beause I couldn't believe the ammount of crap people where trying to upload and that went through, probably just to get the 1GG for each image that would make it through. Once, a user submitted a really blurry image of a game box. There was already a really good photo of the box in the database so it was rejected. 10 mins later, I see the same image by the same user resubmitted. That time, somehow, it went through. I couldn't believe it.

I don't know the solution to that. Lower GG for images uploaded? Remove GG completely for images and leave them for articles? Dunno.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's unusual, but not unheard of...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of GG mining going on lately, what with every card from a couple of games and then pages and pages from a select few magazines. It's gone beyond ridiculous and really takes away from all the good pics here. There was a period about two weeks ago where this discussion came up: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/404103

As for the reward of modding, yea don't plan on buying that beachhouse just yet. Do it for the integrity of this site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mod because I'm an addict and want to see the articles ASAP.

I do the images too since I'm already on the mod page, I figure might as well.

Sometimes mod works, sometimes it doesn't. BUt overall the fact that there are:

-a lot of people complaining how much crap gets in (often blamed on peopel trying to get easy GG form submitting crap)

and at the same time:

-a lot of people complaining that their stuff got rejected (often blamed on modders wanting the bigger GG reward for rejections)

indicates to me its probably not as bad on average as either side claims. I come down slightly on the "too much crap gets through" side, but don't think it's the epidemic some would claim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They should implement something where uploading three or five images which get declined results in not being able to upload photos for one month. Either that, or make the uploader lose 2GG when an image is declined.

I know that one of those two policies in place would make me think twice before trying to upload anything crappy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Johnson
United States
Cloquet
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unfortunately there are some people who upload their photos who cannot tell a good image from a crap image. it's not that they are trying to get a bunch of geekgold, they just have no sense of what make a good photo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Hills
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently a bunch of preview images were declined for A Touch of Evil: Something Wicked, This is really disapointing. Yes they were card images, but they were for decks and characters that nobody has ever seen yet and uploaded by the Artist. I think the mods rejected them without knowing what they were.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paxe wrote:
Recently a bunch of preview images were declined for A Touch of Evil: Something Wicked, This is really disapointing. Yes they were card images, but they were for decks and characters that nobody has ever seen yet and uploaded by the Artist. I think the mods rejected them without knowing what they were.

Did they have captions? A good, descriptive caption really helps to get important photos approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.