Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A special thank you to all those that pre-ordered Arctic Scavengers. We will begin sending out your shipments this Saturday. The second batch will go out after Memorial Day weekend. Enjoy!

For those of you that would still like to pick up a copy at the discounted price of $19.95, be sure to swing by the Arctic Scavengers Home Page over at www.driftwoodgames.com. We will honor the pre-order price throughout this weekend. Starting Monday, the price jumps by $4 to the standard retail price.

Happy Gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheamus Parkes
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on completing the publishing process. I'm excited to see how the product turned out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Olin
Finland
Vasa
flag msg tools
badge
Justice for the 96!
mbmbmbmbmb
Luckily this game was the 'least hot' game to been seen on the frontpage of BGG, so I clicked on it and ordered a copy :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arden Nelson Jr.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't heard of this game and was quite interested when I read more. I saw it on the left and it was the only game I didn't recognize there.

I did end up ordering Arctic Scavengers as well. The mechanics sound great and I like the art work as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just placed my order!
After reading the rules, I think this game will be a big hit with my group.
We love Dominion and this one seems to borrow enough from it to make it familiar, whilst adding in some interaction/combat/aggression!
devil

Hope I get my cards by the weekend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
The "aggression" part is what interests me. Not so much because I want to attack everyone, but because Dominion seems to have a slight runaway leader problem (though I am no expert on Dominion) and being able to attack another player would help. If, in fact, you can do that in A.S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheamus Parkes
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine in the mail today. Arrived safe and sound. The art is quite nice. Will have to see if I get to try it out tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheamus?
Out of curiosity...did you get any shipment confirmation email from them?
I have yet to receive any correspondance and was just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalidor wrote:
Sheamus?

My sincere apologies. We received a HUGE influx of orders over the weekend. We have gotten backlogged. Confirmation emails will be going out tonight.

Thanks for your patience and for your interest in the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
FezAZ wrote:
The "aggression" part is what interests me. Not so much because I want to attack everyone, but because Dominion seems to have a slight runaway leader problem (though I am no expert on Dominion) and being able to attack another player would help. If, in fact, you can do that in A.S.

Yeah, there certainly are opportunities to 'stick it to people' in A.S. You can totally cripple someone's ability to gather resources with a well-placed snipe (Sniper Team) or disarm (Saboteur). Additionally, you can sometimes determine who will win a contested resource by attacking someone during a skirmish. Finally, the skirmish itself is competitive, although you are really attacking everyone at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheamus Parkes
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalidor wrote:
Sheamus?

Heh. Yes, that is my name. The "H" is intentional. I live in Midwest USA and everyone would mispronounce it otherwise.

Kalidor wrote:

Yup, I got a confirmation email last Saturday and the game arrived today.

The box was a little squished, but the cards were in great shape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to it...gettin' excited...

Thanks for the replies, everyone and let's make some noise about this one if it's as good as it appears to be!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arden Nelson Jr.
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalidor wrote:
Looking forward to it...gettin' excited...

Thanks for the replies, everyone and let's make some noise about this one if it's as good as it appears to be!

As soon as school is out I certainly plan to bring this to my local game meetups. Also, it should go over well with family and some friends from church.

If this game is as good as it looks and sounds I think word of mouth will help get it more recognition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.