Subject: Throne + Market (or any card with +X Card, +X Action) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all... sort of new to Dominion, been reading through the Throne combo threads and think I understand, but still haven't seen this one exactly...came up in a game and I argued to this point...

Throne + Market = Action phase in this order:
1) Draw one card
2) (optional) play one action
3) +1 treasure, +1 buy (for use later)
4) Draw one card (2nd market effect)
5) (optional) play one action
6) +1 treasure, +1 buy (for use later)

In other words, you don't draw 2 cards immediately upon playing the Throne + Market...resolve the first Market ALL THE WAY THROUGH before resolving the 2nd Market (I call it the "cloned" market, rather than "throned" )

thanks for the corrections or affirmations...

--Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Cooper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'd say you are free to draw your second card when playing a throned market before having to play another action card. I'm assuming you're asking this because drawing the first card might still leave you with no actions in your hand. I'm curious as to how BSW handles this, but I think it plays the market once, drawing and extra card, then plays the market again, drawing a second card, then you can play the extra actions that you have built up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
theashers wrote:
Hello all... sort of new to Dominion, been reading through the Throne combo threads and think I understand, but still haven't seen this one exactly...came up in a game and I argued to this point...

Throne + Market = Action phase in this order:
1) Draw one card
2) (optional) play one action
3) +1 treasure, +1 buy (for use later)
4) Draw one card (2nd market effect)
5) (optional) play one action
6) +1 treasure, +1 buy (for use later)

In other words, you don't draw 2 cards immediately upon playing the Throne + Market...resolve the first Market ALL THE WAY THROUGH before resolving the 2nd Market (I call it the "cloned" market, rather than "throned" )

You don't play actions right when you get +1 Action - it just increases how many total actions you can play this turn. You finish doing whatever else the card does before playing more actions.

If you Throne Market, you get +1 of everything, then get +1 of everything again, before you have any chance to play another action card. You will always have drawn both cards before getting to use either extra action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:

If you Throne Market, you get +1 of everything, then get +1 of everything again, before you have any chance to play another action card. You will always have drawn both cards before getting to use either extra action.

Sounds like a definitive answer... Thanks Donald, and excellent game, btw...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyboy157 wrote:
I'm assuming you're asking this because drawing the first card might still leave you with no actions in your hand.

Yes, that was the general idea behind my argument...but Donald brought it to market, so to speak

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Kraft
Finland
flag msg tools
One thing that caused some discussion in my group was Throning a Throne room.

It's mostly explained in the rules though. First you play one action twice and after that you play another action twice.
As I understand it you must play those action cards one after the other though (unless you play a third throne room). This is because the rules say that you can't play other cards between playing a card twice and as such you have to execute the second throne room twice.

One useful way to think about it is that when you play a market with the throne room you first execute the market and then you take the throne room that you just used and play it as a market as well next to the real market. Thus, if you end up with 4 throne rooms in your hand you can play them consecutively and using the method I outlaid above you end up with four separate throne rooms in your tableau with the restriction that you have to use all the throne rooms one after the other until they are all used.

Throne Rooms are nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deserter wrote:
One thing that caused some discussion in my group was Throning a Throne room.

It's mostly explained in the rules though. First you play one action twice and after that you play another action twice.
As I understand it you must play those action cards one after the other though (unless you play a third throne room).

You don't play them immediately back-to-back. You must resolve the first Throne-Roomed card before playing the second, because it's required by the text of the Throne Room. You must resolve the entire card (in order) before you move on. What you can't do is pause from resolving the card to use another available Action to play an Action card.

Example:
Throne Room #1: play a card (Throne Room #2), do it twice
- (Throne Room #2 once): play a card (Smithy) do it twice
--- (Smithy once) +3 Cards
--- (Smithy twice) +3 Cards
- (Throne Room #2 twice): play a card (Moat) do it twice
--- (Moat once) +2 Cards
--- (Moat twice) +2 Cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Kraft
Finland
flag msg tools
Exactly what I was trying to convey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.