Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy,

I'm keen to get a grand scale WW2 game, largely because I am fascinated by all of the 'what-if' scenarios.

I was just wondering how flexible this game is in regards to options for events like D-Day. Could you try a landing elsewhere in Europe such as the Netherlands, Southern France or even Norway (something the Allies teased the Germans with for months in the run up to D-Day)? Can you, as Churchill wanted, land in Greece and push up through that way?

How are neutral countries handled?

Many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Nilsson
Sweden
Stenungsund
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer: Yes, you can land elsewhere than Normandy. My brother once tricked me and hit me pretty hard in the Balkans with his British. I should've seen it coming but I was just happy he was concentrating so much on Africa...

Neutral countries are empty until attacked. Then they receive their mobilization blocks and are placed in control of the German player or the Western Allies depending on who attacked them. There are limits on which countries you can attack and when. Germany aren't allowed to attack the low countries until sometime spring 1940 e.g. UK can't attack any neutrals apart from Norway and Portugal if I recall correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xabbu Xabbu
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a short addition:

There are even several optional rules in the play book included which allow more flexibility concerning the history.

You may want to have a look at it on the website of the publisher.

best wishes
Xabbu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.