Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received c3i #22 this week, and Walt and I are playing through the interesting Normandy Paratrooper campaign which is included.

I won the first session, and now COULD choose Scenario #105 for the second, but, (since $20 for c3i special issue #20 seems too much to spend for only the two CC scenarios) I have never seen that Scenario #105.

If someone could give me a brief synopsis of the La Fiere Counterattack scenario, I will be grateful.

edit: If, perhaps, someone has a spare scenario pull-out from that issue, I would be interested to purchase it.

Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
LA FIERE CAUSEWAY, FRANCE, 6 JUNE 1944
While the paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne's 505th PIR clung to their positions at the La Fiere Causeway, elements of the German 1057th Grenadier Regiment counterattacked through Cauquigny to the west, sweeping away the defenders they met there.

Their next mission was to retake the vital bridge across the Merderet River, which had been captured by the American troopers during the morning.

A small force of American paratroopers (4 squads, 2 leaders, 2 MMGs) facing the larger force of Germans (6 squads, 2 leaders, MMrtr, HGM, 3 LMGs) on Map 5 with the stream considered a Water Barrier (River).

Edit..Credit where credit is due...Design by Dan Holte.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much, Richard, that is exactly what I wanted to know.

Chick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stosser
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this scenario is needed to play the Pathfinder campaign from new C3I issue #22, I think it would be nice if GMT made it publicly available on their website. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
It is available on GMT's website...just purchase C3i#20.

After all, one has to purchase C3i#22 to get the Pathfinder Campaign.

But seriously - it is this scenario is one choice of many in one phase of the campaign. Not critical, but nice to have. One can easily choose one of the other scenarios for this phase. Eventually, GMT is likely to make these scenarios available - but probably not before C3i#20 is out of stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.