Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason I like this game and cannot explain why. I think the raw stupidity of it amuses me. Yet why return to war? Why ever throw minutes of precious life away? Maybe because it is so dumb and thoughtless that I can tune everything out, not concentrate and leave it all to fate. All the while making dumb jokes at the expense of this game and even cursing as my queen is taken by an ace or laugh as my opponent claims one of my threes with his king.

You see we gamers need to play good games. Promote them and exalt them. Yet in between negotiating for salt in Genoa or attempting to stabilize the Eastern Front in Paths of Glory we all have on occasion tune out.

What is war good for? Ironically relaxation and a few laughs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try Egyptian Ratscrew, which also has no strategy, but does have an enjoyable live action aspect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
According to BGG, people who enjoy War might also enjoy Successors (second edition), Ikusa, Magic: The Gathering, Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage, Age of Renaissance, Twilight Struggle and Betrayal at House on the Hill.

Hmmm. Some of them aren't even wargames!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.