Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I understand the rules (and the way I've always played this game), is that each matching building card in a rejected offer earns the player one VP (up to the hard limit of not being able to exceed the number on the disc being built, of course). Some people I played with last night thought this was abusive and a misinterpretation of the rules (e.g. if a player offers the active player 4 needed building cards to build a 4 level disc, she knows her offer will probably not be accepted unless the active player is really needing the disc). She is obviously making the offer in hopes of scoring the points for being rejected.

Beyond this, my tablemates were thinking it abusive and against the spirit of the rules to hand out VPs for all matching cards offered by all other players, especially (I suppose) when the number of offered matching cards far exceeded the number needed to build the disc. I myself can't fathom this train of thought. It seems to me that either everyone's rejected matching cards score, or no one's do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
You're interpreting the rules correctly, and I don't think it's against the spirit of the game. If your friends think this is a great idea, take advantage of it—particularly in the early game. If that monument scores early, the person with the most influence will earn, what, eight, ten points? Big deal. Remember, if you call their bluff once and let them have the points, those cards are gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you're allowed to offer more than what is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Baker
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola wrote:
... Remember, if you call their bluff once and let them have the points, those cards are gone.

I don't think the cards go, they would return to the rejected opponents hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ontguy wrote:
Gola wrote:
... Remember, if you call their bluff once and let them have the points, those cards are gone.

I don't think the cards go, they would return to the rejected opponents hand.

The cards are only "gone" if the offer is accepted, oui?

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.