Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: The Great Gatsby rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Ryan
msg tools
Hello, I've been assign project where I have four project options dealing with Fitzgerald's book, The Great Gatsby. One of options was making a board game. The only idea I can think of right now is a Trivia based board game. I really don't want to do a Trivia based games. It's probably the most overdone of the board games in this project. So I wanted to do something slightly more original.

I thought of another idea hat might work. Life. The"Start College" option would be Old Money. While the "Start Career" option would be New Money. Then the 2 places at the end, Countryside acres and Millionare estates. One would be East Egg and the other would be West Egg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Iverson
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd make a game for 4 or 6 players (maybe 5 too?). Each player takes a male or female character (Myrtle, Jay, Nick.....).

Through card play, players 'partner' with each other or get broken up ("Caught cheating - break up one selected partnership" "Love at first sight - connect with player of your choice - breaking their relationship if active" "Monogonous mood - void one break up card")

Also, with the same deck, put in play some economic cards that make or lose wealth ('market crash - all players lose $100K' 'high yield bond deal - make $500K')

Each turn you can play one card on yourself or others.

When game done (card deck gone or other end indicator), the individual or couple with the most wealth wins.

Fill the cards with themes, places, events from the book - for these types of projects (assume this is school or college project) that is usually the most important aspect of the game more than if it is really fun or functional.

Helped my niece with a "Around the world in 80 days" set collecting card game - "A" naturally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.