United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely use LiW more to split up alliances containing all my cards. After all, such an alliance is a sitting duck for a conspiracy.

The Minister certainly is powerful. This is why it is foolish to make strong alliances with yourself. This also ties into LiW's power as mentioned above.

I agree that playing the Jester at the right time and on the right nobles is key. Play him on an opponent's card of high value, so of course your opponent will be less liekly to get rid of him. Then use him as much as possible to get rid of your opponent's high value cards. I usually don't keep jesters on the table for very long because my opponent can use him against me too. Double edge sword indeed!!

This is a pretty neat little game. I am still trying to wrap my head around it to figure out the best ways to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By keeping the value of your cards/groups low, jesters can be played effectively to your highest group to knock out your opponent's groups that are higher than yours.

To keep your groups low, play low singles to your outer court. Your high cards should be played onto your opponent's cards that are one or two points lower, especially in their outer court, giving you the point advantage for that group, but also shielding your hight point card,ie, your 10 on his 8 is really only a 2 if he knocks out that group. Rarely conspire with one of your cards on one of your cards, unless they are both low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.