Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd N.
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone played all three editions? If so are there very many differences? I have a first edition and have been pondering rather or not it is very worth while to get either the third or second edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Jex
United Kingdom
Newark
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both the first and second editions but not the third. The second addition is our favourite of the two.

The main differences are the extra cards and that you can play with upto eight people. Quick list of some of the additional cards :-

Bombers - work like fighters but can be shot down only by fighters.
Minesweeper - ship card, if you have this you cannot have minefields played on you.
Squadron Bay - when fitted to a ship it can become a carrier.
Security Force - can't board the ship with this attached.

There are also different types of cannons that can :- stop fighters and bombers attacking a particular zone,force a discard of a random card, allow a cannon to fire at a zone adjacent to the zone it would normally be limited to and also allow two shots from a cannon.

There are probably more but they are all I can remember off hand, hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd N.
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. I think I might go out and snag a second edition then and skip the third edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.