Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that this "This is a good article, submit for review/geekgold/etc" checkbox when posting is cleared when you hit the preview button.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that even though it appeares cleared, the article is still submitted for GeekGold review! (but I can't test this without annoying the moderators)

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes I think too many people check that box...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly. On the other hand, guidelines on when to do so are pretty thin on the ground, neh?

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
I also have a sneaking suspicion that even though it appeares cleared, the article is still submitted for GeekGold review!
My understanding is that Moderation review is automatic for REVIEWs and SESSION REPORTs. It becomes optional for submitting to other forums, thus allowing you to make a casual comment without passing Moderation yet alternatively offering the chance at GG for truly timeless and cogent commentary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Billings and Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And when the man dances, certainly boys, what else? The piper pays him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
thepackrat wrote:
I also have a sneaking suspicion that even though it appeares cleared, the article is still submitted for GeekGold review!
My understanding is that Moderation review is automatic for REVIEWs and SESSION REPORTs. It becomes optional for submitting to other forums, thus allowing you to make a casual comment without passing Moderation yet alternatively offering the chance at GG for truly timeless and cogent commentary.

Heh. This makes perfect sense apart from the interface which shows it as an optional box (not even starting out checked by default). Perhaps time for a different shade of bug report.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.