Subject: Going on Holiday to USA/Canada! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Little Miss Late
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HEYYYYYYYYYY

It'll be my first time in the continent so I'm extremely extremely excited!!

Anyway, since so many of you are from the US/Canada/been there, I was wondering if you could give me any tips on must-go places and all. We'll be travelling Seattle/Vancouver/Victoria/LA/San Diego.

But not enough time, so it's either Vancouver or Victoria Island, not both. And we're debating whether San Diego Zoo is really worth a visit all the way down to San Diego? DEFINITELY going Disneyland but how many days would we need to reserve for that? And is there another Adventure park or whatever it's called (the one with lots of roller coasters?)?? And stuff. So... a little help, please?

-copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
copyWright wrote:
HEYYYYYYYYYY

Anyway, since so many of you are from the US/Canada/been there, I was wondering if you could give me any tips on must-go places and all. We'll be travelling Seattle/Vancouver/Victoria/LA/San Diego.

But not enough time, so it's either Vancouver or Victoria Island, not both. And we're debating whether San Diego Zoo is really worth a visit all the way down to San Diego? DEFINITELY going Disneyland but how many days would we need to reserve for that? And is there another Adventure park or whatever it's called (the one with lots of roller coasters?)?? And stuff. So... a little help, please?

-copy

Skip Seattle. Go to the L.A. Zoo and Botanical Gardens instead of the S.D. Zoo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quiet, not much content
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I live in the Vancouver area....

(Victoria is on Vancouver Island)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I'm SelenA. Please don't kill me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Awe. Wrong coast for me and Karmic. cry

Have fun trip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
copyWright wrote:
HEYYYYYYYYYY

-copy

Dallas Texas, screw the rest of those places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've lived in Dallas. If you like to eat and shop...there ya go.

Hey, Copy I wonder why your trip takes you all up the coast and skips Oregon. Toss out Seattle or some of Cali and either visit Portland, go to the Coast, go to the mountains, go rafting, and/or have some really good beer here in Oregon. There are real werewolves here. I can show you some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
copyWright wrote:
HEYYYYYYYYYY

-copy

Disneyland is cool. You don't need 2 days, but it makes it a little easier. I would say it's maybe a one and a third type thing. Six Flags Magic Mountain is probably the coaster place you're thinking of. There's also Knotts. You could go to the beach too, in SoCal. I've actually never been to San Diego. I hear the Zoo is great, but not so great it needs to be something that prompts a big dent in a trip. I know Portland has a great zoo. Seattle and LA maybe, too. San Diego has Sea Word, too. San Fran is another possibility for you. Visit the vineyards. But none of those places have werewolves or seers.

Seattle, Oregon, Victoria, and Vancouver are all great, but I thought I'd post my little take on the California side of things. Maybe someone like Beowulf can fill you in more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matias D
Finland
Raseborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I release my anger through writing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vancouver Island is pretty. And Vancouver (which is on the mainland) has that awesome looking library, as recently seen in the Caprica pilot. And that city probably works as a backdrop in any number of series and movies these days, seems like every new "star" is from BC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Mendenhall
United States
Mt Pleasant,
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
copyWright wrote:
HEYYYYYYYYYY

-copy

Disneyland is cool. You don't need 2 days, but it makes it a little easier. I would say it's maybe a one and a third type thing. Six Flags Magic Mountain is probably the coaster place you're thinking of. There's also Knotts. You could go to the beach too, in SoCal. I've actually never been to San Diego. I hear the Zoo is great, but not so great it needs to be something that prompts a big dent in a trip. I know Portland has a great zoo. Seattle and LA maybe, too. San Diego has Sea Word, too. San Fran is another possibility for you. Visit the vineyards. But none of those places have werewolves or seers.

Seattle, Oregon, Victoria, and Vancouver are all great, but I thought I'd post my little take on the California side of things. Maybe someone like Beowulf can fill you in more.

six flags magic mountain is pretty sweet. I went there on my 13th birthday I think...

Honestly though, I think you should come to UTAH! heck yes! We have lots of sweet things... I just can't think of them right now. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action
United States
Hickory
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
mbmbmbmbmb
Wightwolf wrote:

Honestly though, I think you should come to UTAH! heck yes! We have lots of sweet things... I just can't think of them right now. whistle

There was a cool hobby store I remember going to in Salt Lake City.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just remember something important Copy. You can't DRINK yet in the US

What do they do if they catch her drinking anyway? Do you get jailed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
To echo dbmurph: don't skip Oregon! It's really nice here, so lush and green. Almost the entire coast is protected national land, so you can enjoy the rocky beaches.

And Portland is a great city. We have the smallest park in the world. It fits in a pothole.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JCwid wrote:
Just remember something important Copy. You can't DRINK yet in the US

trip is cancelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Death Valley is sort of on the way to LA from northwest. It is awesome, but no roller coasters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.