Todd
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The uprising mechanics on the innsmouth board have a mechanic were everytime a gate is blocked from opening a uprising token is added to the uprising track More info here http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=562
I am trying to think of a similar mechanic that I can use for the dunwich board. More specifically I want so event, that is not dependent on pulling a dunwich gate, that could happen during the game that would trigger adding a token to the dunwich track. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not try the following: when the terror level reaches 3, add a token. Same on 6 and on 9. So the Horror will always wake up at 9, and maybe sooner. Note: this might spawn two tokens when a monster enters a vortex. So it will certainly be more active. Maybe you need to ignore the second one though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it. That is a very simple fix that is easy to employ. You could even put the tokens on the terror track to help remember. I am going to try that out very soon. Thanks for the Idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gijs Bouwman
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try the Dunwich Herald.
With him you start out with one Dunwich token, one get's added when the terrorlevel comes at 3, 6, and 9

There are also some other things on there to make him more of a risk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
woundwart wrote:
The uprising mechanics on the innsmouth board have a mechanic were everytime a gate is blocked from opening a uprising token is added to the uprising track More info here http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=562
I am trying to think of a similar mechanic that I can use for the dunwich board. More specifically I want so event, that is not dependent on pulling a dunwich gate, that could happen during the game that would trigger adding a token to the dunwich track. Any thoughts?

The same idea popped into my head this morning. On coming to the forum to post it, I found this thread! Great minds, I guess.

I think I like the terror track option better, comparing the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...

With fast monsters, those Dunwich Horror tokens can accumulate faster than you'd like! What sort of problems do you have with the current method of adding Dunwich tokens? (eg. Do you play with more than one expansion?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.