Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
"The Explorers program" - a coeducational affiliate of the Boy Scouts of America that began 60 years ago, is training thousands of young people in skills used to confront terrorism, illegal immigration and escalating border violence.

One of their exercises? A scenario to take out a disgruntled Iraq War veteran on a murderous rampage.. OK. That is definitely a badge I didn't get. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Explorer Scouts were always the 'quasi' military from of BSA. You didn't know that? That's why they got the dark green uniforms....

This sort of thing is nothing new in BSA. The Explorer scouts always had this odd paramilitary relation with the US Armed Forces, as far as I know.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
They're doing their part. Are you? Join the Boy Scouts and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

It probably is good for the kids though... in the US we have more prison jobs than anywhere in the world. Pretty soon this might be the only job market that you can actually count on... might as well prepare for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Explorer Scouts were always the 'quasi' military from of BSA. You didn't know that? That's why they got the dark green uniforms....

This sort of thing is nothing new in BSA. The Explorer scouts always had this odd paramilitary relation with the US Armed Forces, as far as I know.

Darilian

Never heard of them. All I did in the scouts(and the Indian Guides, now called something else), was backpack, hike, camp, fish, build a few fires, learn how to use a compass, and toast marshmallows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

Chapel is a male!?!?!

Let's just say, I may not be able to outrun a bear, but I can certainly outrun you!

//"Koldfoot is bear lunch" badge earned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
As an Explorer's Leader I am compelled to note that our group mostly hangs out and/or screws around.

Next on our agenda:
- Go to the Round Rock Express game at the end of May.
- Tubing in San Marcos.
- Fishing in Port Aransas.
- Schiltterbahn
- Lead the Cuban repatriation.
- Pizza and Formula De
- Six Flags trip

Harmless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:
As an Explorer's Leader I am compelled to note that our group mostly hangs out and/or screws around.

Why do you hate America?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
MWChapel wrote:
Darilian wrote:

Darilian

Never heard of them. All I did in the scouts(and the Indian Guides, now called something else), was backpack, hike, camp, fish, build a few fires, learn how to use a compass, and toast marshmallows.

My local district didn't have any Explorer Posts, but I would run into them when I was a counselor at Camp Fife.

Odd, very odd. I remember being jealous because they learned how to reppel down walls. That was so cool.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joebelanger wrote:

Next on our agenda:
- Go to the Round Rock Express game at the end of May.
- Tubing in San Marcos.
- Fishing in Port Aransas.
- Schiltterbahn
- Lead the Cuban repatriation.
- Pizza and Formula De
- Six Flags trip

Harmless.

Man, Joe....I want to join now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, you miss so much good stuff over there in the Woodcraft Rangers. I didn't even learn any woodcraft, as I recall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.