Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are your favorite items in the base games (the ones you make a beeline for when they pop up and you haev the resources to buy them)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it depends on what character I'm playing as. If I'm a melee based character I try to get my hands on the belt of strength and the Rage Blade...stuff like that. I also like getting my hands on some sort of healing artifact, rune or item if I can.

For allies I always try to get my hands on the Snake Plisken wannabe, Sir Gareth the Black...

~ Bones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you like Sir Gareth?

Rage Blade is my favorite weapon for melee characters too.

I really like the Staff of Light for about any character.

For Allies, I like the Runemaster Baras (I think I am remembering his name right; he is a 10 gold ally). His abilty of rerolling combat dice is nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both those were in the base game, as was the Runeplate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find "beelines" very hard to make in RuneBound regardless of how bad I want something

All up, it is almost always a question of what I can afford. If I have the cash, and it is near by, off I go!

But it IS hard to ignore the Rage Blade if for the name alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the Runeplate - is it really worth 15?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shield of Light

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Arbelaez
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The shield of light is definitely my favorite. Also, the dwarven fire bomb, it can get you out of a tight spot, plus it doesn't count as a weapon (it's an artifact) and it's cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
scottandkimr wrote:
What about the Runeplate - is it really worth 15?

I recon it is.
What you have to remember though is the economy changes depending on what expansions you are using. As an owner of all of the challenge decks I find money is not as tight as it once was.

I only have a couple of expansions (the forest one and artifacts and allies). I take it those don't loosen the money supply. What happens to the economy with the other expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to me that Runeplate pales in comparison to Armor of the Ancients from the Frozen Wastes expansion, even though their price is the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
It comes in pints? I'm getting one!
mbmbmbmbmb
I played recently with a few expansion decks and got the Staff of Light early on in the game (which is a base game item). By the end of the game, that thing had saved me a TON o' gold. Definitely one of my favorites now. The Rune Plate and Shield of Light are sweet too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foobrew wrote:
I played recently with a few expansion decks and got the Staff of Light early on in the game (which is a base game item). By the end of the game, that thing had saved me a TON o' gold. Definitely one of my favorites now. The Rune Plate and Shield of Light are sweet too.

Agree - Staff of Light is awesome and easily worth the price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.