Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gregory duff
United States
Ft.Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Sunday, May 17th, I was fortunate to be invited (along with Mister Heinrich and my daughter Rebecca) to a myriad of awesome & fantastical games of our famous BOON!!!

Here is the BOON Triad taken by Rebecca:

First off, Boon drove us to a really tough part of town called DANGER CITY to play a light, fun, quick game. Mr. Gassett would get his ass handed to him in this city!

Danger City is a speedy card game where you can win in one of two ways: you can side with the Neighbourhood, or with the Robbers. Either have the fewest robbers in your hand and the most points on the table once the final house has been built – or reveal 5 Robbers at once from your hand, and you have won.

SCORES
Steven won 1st game: had 5 robbers
Duff won 2nd game: had 5 robbers

Next Boon took us on an exotic excursion to India to play an elegant elephantgame of stategy & screwage by the name of ELEFANTEN PARADE!!!!!

ELEFANTEN PARADE is not even on the GEEK....there is a cheapie version by Ravensburger called ELEPHANTS ON PARADE....they are not the same game--not even close!!! In BOON's masterpiece, there are solid chunky wood elephants and wooden sticks that are victory points. Your elephants may dart in front of other elephants... one elephant may move one space, the next..two spaces, and the last... three spaces on your turn (you may move your own or opponents elephants). There are water spaces where your elephant must stop and take a drink, letting all pass him. OR, a player may call an Elephant Parade and everyone moves forward one space!

Kandi & Gassett & Diana would love this game!!!!

SCORES
Mr. Heinrich 8
Boon 4
Duff 2
Rebecca 2

Now BOON magically took us up above our glorious planet to the constellations to play my favorite of the day...a cool game dealing with constellation conquest called STERNENHIMMEL

In Sternenhimmel, each player vies for control of the constellations which are worth victory points. There are 12 constellations and players use "Stars" to bid for the control. Each star is worth some amount of control over the constellation, and there is a "Double" star and a "Black Hole" star thrown into the mix. There is some aspect of bluff in the game since some of your stars may be placed face up or down.Area control & auction/bidding!!!!!

SCORES

Rebecca 8
Boon 7
Duff 6
Mr. Heinrich 5

Next, BOON took us on an island vacation with island-grabbing natives in KANALOA

In Kanaloa,players play bamboo sticks which allow them to build bridges between islands. Whenever a player gains a majority of bridges on an island the other players will lose all their islands on that bridge. During a scoring round, players gain points for islands that they control.

Last on our magnificent and wonderful excursion, we traveled to medieval Japan to visit with the fearsome SAMURAI

Samurai is set in medieval Japan. Players use hexagonal tiles to surround cities, which have one to three different figures: rice paddies, Buddhas, or high hats. The tiles represent influence on particular facets of the cities, and the highest influence on a figure when the city is surrounded takes that figure. The object of the game is to have more of any one else in one category, and then have the most remaining figures.

HAPPINESS IS PLAYING A BOON GAME

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KANALOA - looks a lot like Kahuna to me - what's the diff? Just the multi-player aspect?
It's good to see Boon has not veered from his penchant for Polynesian-themed games! laugh I think he would like my Giants!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because it's Boon...Boon, Boon, Boon.
Just because it's Boon, Boon, Boon!!!!!!!!!

With apologies to Rogers and Hammerstein.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"With apologies to Rogers and Hammerstein".
Michael

That was before my Hammer-time! Mr.K!

http://www.rhapsody.com/player?type=track&id=tra.1893545&rem...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.