Subject: Clarification on Assaults. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D C
msg tools
Say I've got the following situation
http://i42.tinypic.com/f1h843.jpg

[A] contains an enemy unit
[B] and [C] are friendly's about to Assault A.

If I move the [B] unit to the hex above A, do I need to fatigue it in order to then move the [C] unit to the other hex adjacent to [A] in order to Assault together?

OR can I move both units into the assault positions without fatiguing them and then carry out the assault?

The difference being, is that if the assault is won, then both units can advance into [A] (providing a success) rather than just one if one is already fatigued.

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Goodfriend

Berwyn
Illinois
msg tools
mb
All page references refer to the base game rulebook, which is available online.

You can't move multiple units as part of any action. All actions allow for only activating a single unit (pg. 10); the only exception is Combined Fire (pg 12).

You need to Advance one unit, which results in it being fatigued, and then Assault with the other. As part of the Assault by "C", the "B" unit gets to add its (halved) firepower (pg. 33).

After the Assault, if the space is vacated, "C" could advance into it, but not "B", as it is fatigued (pg. 34).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D C
msg tools
Thanks James that clears it up.
I do have a follow up question though:
What if C was adjacent to A i.e. http://i39.tinypic.com/awrg43.jpg

If B then moves to the hex above A and begins an Assault, can C join the assault and then BOTH units can advance into providing the assault is a success?

Or is this the same case as above?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Avramandis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since C started adjacent to the target hex and wasn't fatigued it can advance with B, if victorious.
That's the only way.

Note: you can do that with up to 3 units total!

Imagine the assault as a 3 step movement with each unit acting separately before the assault and then all of them making the final try to entry the enemy hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.