• [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that looks like a fun game. I hope there's a U.S. version planned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks much!

The best thing you can do is write the publishers and let them know what video is the reason that you are buying the game. I'm not yet on Ravensburger's review list, but would love to be.

If you are going to buy the game due to the review, please fill out the form at http://www.ravensburger.de/web/Kontakt__3245368-3245375-3245... and let them know about this video and the reason for your purchase!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh, English version, English version, please, please please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agreed. I've been wanting to get this but didn't want to shell out the money for shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel-André Casasola Merkle
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I believe there are some issues with games containing magnets in the US as recently as last year so they didn't opt for a native US version. That's a pity and maybe with some ongoing success they'll pick "Fluch der Mumie" (international title: "Pyramid") up anyhow but my confidence in this is slim at best.

Best Marcel-André Casasola Merkle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcel Casasola wrote:
I believe there are some issues with games containing magnets in the US as recently as last year so they didn't opt for a native US version. That's a pity and maybe with some ongoing success they'll pick "Fluch der Mumie" (international title: "Pyramid") up anyhow but my confidence in this is slim at best.

Best Marcel-André Casasola Merkle

I wonder what those issues are. I myself find them quite attractive.

Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel-André Casasola Merkle
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
mb
You are not allowed to eat them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cookingham
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. That games looks awesome.

The design could be used to build the espionage game of my dreams.

Thanks for sharing it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked up a copy at B&B - their last one. Thanks again Scott! You have the best video reviews bar none.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwanchai Moriya
United States
Monrovia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again Scott for a great little review. You are an incredible resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcel Casasola wrote:

But if you kept the little one one the outside for the Mummy and ate the big one, it would be a cool thing to see where it was in your body!

Then...when it's over... you would

Fluch der Mumie!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
snicholson wrote:
Marcel Casasola wrote:

But if you kept the little one one the outside for the Mummy and ate the big one, it would be a cool thing to see where it was in your body!

Fluch der Mumie!

oh...man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:
snicholson wrote:
Marcel Casasola wrote:

Fluch der Mumie!

oh...man.

Oh...crap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
snicholson wrote:
If you are going to buy the game due to the review, please fill out the form at http://www.ravensburger.de/web/Kontakt__3245368-3245375-3245... and let them know about this video and the reason for your purchase!

Done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Scott, I am just about to play the game for the first time, and noticed something wrong about your video review. You are allowed to cross other player's explorers (magnets), and it still counts as a space moved. There's even a very clear picture of this on the 3rd page of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
Hey Scott, I am just about to play the game for the first time, and noticed something wrong about your video review. You are allowed to cross other player's explorers (magnets), and it still counts as a space moved. There's even a very clear picture of this on the 3rd page of the rules.

Oops! You're right. (since I don't speak German, I was using a text-only rules translation without pictures... however, it does still say this rule, and I missed it.)

You know what, though, I don't think I'll change the way I play. I don't find that the mummy wins often, and this forces players to work together or provides a method for them to foil each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
snicholson wrote:
Oops! You're right. (since I don't speak German, I was using a text-only rules translation without pictures... however, it does still say this rule, and I missed it.)

You know what, though, I don't think I'll change the way I play. I don't find that the mummy wins often, and this forces players to work together or provides a method for them to foil each other.

Yeah I sort of like your blocking aspect too, but I won my first game as the mummy, playing my wife and daughter. However, they both had scored 4 treasures and were just too greedy and let three dice sit locked to mummies for too long.

Great game, thanks for inspiring me to purchase it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the mummy player have a little advantage watching the eyes of the opposing players as they move their pieces?

How would you estimate the outcome of games you've played....40/60 in favor of the treasure hunters, etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jefftang wrote:
Does the mummy player have a little advantage watching the eyes of the opposing players as they move their pieces?

How would you estimate the outcome of games you've played....40/60 in favor of the treasure hunters, etc?

You bet! This is one of the little pieces of information the mummy has. You can usually tell the general area that someone is in. Players do reveal themselves pretty frequently, though.

I do point this out to them, so they can then engage in the game of faking the mummy out.

I've played 12-15 games, and I think I've seen 3 mummy wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott, you said you didn't find the mummy wins too often and in another review, the reviewer stated "might be a little too easy for the mummy to win." That's why I was curious regarding % of mummy wins.

The other review is here...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/377575

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Games Are About Glory
United States
Macedon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Prior to this video, I only had to explain domestic game orders to my wife. Now I have to explain why there's a charge from Amazon.de.

THANKS, SCOTT

For anyone interested, the total came to $42.42 USD after shipping and has a delivery estimate of June 22-26. My oldest turns 7 on the 26th so I hope this makes it in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave, if your wife is like mine, she will ask "do you REALLY need to go all the way to Germany to order a board game?".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Small
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given how tort crazy people are in this country, very rare (consider how many millions of children are in the USA) events (like those described here http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5548a3.htm) unfortunately--though understandably--make manufacturers wary of exposing themselves to liability. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.