United States
Foster City
CA
flag msg tools
Hello, so maybe this is being a little bit anal retentive, but has anyone noticed that some of the extra frame pieces provided in the 4th edition do not match the base game? Specifically, I'm talking about the frame pieces without a port. They don't have a sandy coast like the other pieces; they're just all blue.

Anyone else have this problem, and has this been corrected on later printings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davis
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed this as well, however, I purchased Settlers and Traders and Barbarians w/ the 5-6 player extensions for both and, in the mix, there was also some extensions with the coast. I'm sure it is an oversight and, to be honest, I haven't been that impressed by the quality of the components. Don't feel alone; welcome to the anal retentive club!

I hadn't contacted Mayfair about this, however, I've contacted them in the past about other issues and they've been quite good about providing replacement parts. Let me know if you receive any resolution/explanation from them. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Minkoff
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Dum, Dum, Dum dum dum, Dum!
badge
"Money isn't everything, but it's a tie-breaker in Power Grid!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also highly recommend the Yu-catan board from Mayday games. It completely replaces the frame with an inset board to build the map on. It just doesn't work for Seafarers, of course...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Macabee wrote:
I would also highly recommend the Yu-catan board from Mayday games. It completely replaces the frame with an inset board to build the map on. It just doesn't work for Seafarers, of course...
And Seafarers comes with its own board frame that works. At least with Mayfair 3e. It's definitely not as YuCatan. Can't pick up the board with all the tiles and transfer them more or less intact for one thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve A.
United States
California
flag msg tools
I noticed this also after purchasing the 5-6 player extension. I emailed Mayfair about this and this was their reply:

"The pieces in the 5&6 player expansion were misprinted, all copies have two
frames without shore. We will be fixing this in future printings however at
this time there are no replacement frames for the extension available."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron F.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve, it's good to hear from Mayfair directly about this.

Here's another thread about this. It seems that some people (myself included) believe that Mayfair changed the port layout simply because they wanted to reuse the shore line from the base game. They opted to only give an extension for 5-6 players, instead of printing an all new shoreline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.