Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Franco was monorchid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spanish Historian José María Zavala has recently revealed that the general and dictator Francisco Franco was a monorchid. He lost one testicle in Morocco, in 1916, where he was an officer in the Spanish army.

Last year it was confirmed that Adolf Hitler lost a testicle as a soldier in the German army in the Somme, 1916. Now, if Benito Mussolini was injured (and the details of the incident have been lost) in 1916 while being a soldier in the Italian army there's certainly a pattern emerging. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Yes, and Hitler loved Animals and Children, and was a vegetarian to boot...... *LOL*

The 'one ball' theory is pretty silly. People are more than their naughty bits.....

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Becker
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hitler has only got one ball
Göring's are so very small
Himmler's are very similar
And Goebbels has no balls at all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
HEIL LANCE!

So does that mean: equals ???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, look at Lance's one squinky eye compared to his other orb. I wonder if they are trying to mimic his testes. Fascinating!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My buddy "discovered" he had three balls one day. No guff. He went in for a physical and the doctor asked him about the third testicle. The running joke is that he got to two and stopped counting.

I guess he'll never become a conquering dictator . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ohbalto wrote:
My buddy "discovered" he had three balls one day. No guff. He went in for a physical and the doctor asked him about the third testicle. The running joke is that he got to two and stopped counting.

I guess he'll never become a conquering dictator . . .

But he could fight fascism donating one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
The 'one ball' theory is pretty silly. People are more than their naughty bits.....

I'm not looking to "explain" Hitler, but obviously hormone levels do affect human behavior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie Franco sure sounds like a dangerous proposition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Darilian wrote:

I'm not looking to "explain" Hitler, but obviously hormone levels do affect human behavior.

Ok, I'm going to ask you something, and I'd like a serious answer.

Are you interested in a discussion of the limitation of 'biography' in 'explaining' Hitler? Or was this just a 'one off' commentary?

Cuz if you're just doing a drive by snark (which wasn't bad, I might add) I'm not going to get into that.

There's an interesting argument here, but I don't want to waste my time unless someone is actually intersted in what I have to say as a semiprofessional historian. (semi professional in that I'm professionally trained, but not getting paid for it just now...but I'm working on it, DAMMIT.)

Darilian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Are you interested in a discussion of the limitation of 'biography' in 'explaining' Hitler?

No, not at all. That's why I said, "I'm not looking to explain Hitler."

Quote:
Cuz if you're just doing a drive by snark (which wasn't bad, I might add) I'm not going to get into that.

I didn't intend anything snarky. I intended to comment on the specific point on whether it is reasonable, or not, to think that losing a testicle could affect human behavior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Darilian wrote:
Are you interested in a discussion of the limitation of 'biography' in 'explaining' Hitler?

No, not at all. That's why I said, "I'm not looking to explain Hitler."

Quote:

I didn't intend anything snarky. I intended to comment on the specific point on whether it is reasonable, or not, to think that losing a testicle could affect human behavior.

Fair enough.

I'll shelve that article that I've got floating around where I take on all the biographies that try to argue that because Hitler was 'possibly Jewish', "Repressed Homosexual", "Monorchrid", "repressed Artist", "Whatever" that this 'explains' some aspect of his behavior specifically and the Third Reich in general.

Some other day, mayhap.

Darilian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Becker
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Some other day, mayhap.

Perbe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Franco? Is he still dead?

I couldn't hear that. Could you turn on the captioning for the hearing impaired?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I wish I could leave my bones and my skin and float over the tired, tired sea, so that I could see you again
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd want to bust up the place, too, if you almost got your little dictator shot off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A pic from the European Monorchism Convention, Hendaye, 23/10/1940

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Salvador

Badalona
Catalonia
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mon-rchi-
Monorchid I dunno
Monarchic yes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.