Subject: My new favorite political apology rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin
msg tools
badge
Source:

Quote:
Arkansas state Sen. Kim Hendren, who is currently the only announced Republican candidate for U.S. Senator against Democratic incumbent Blanche Lincoln in 2010, has apologized for referring to Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) as "that Jew," at a county Republican meeting last week.

"I don't use a teleprompter and occasionally I put my foot in my month," Hendren told Arkansas blogger Jason Tolbert.

"At the meeting I was attempting to explain that unlike Sen. Schumer, I believe in traditional values, like we used to see on 'The Andy Griffith Show,'" he explained. "I made the mistake of referring to Sen. Schumer as 'that Jew' and I should not have put it that way as this took away from what I was trying to say."

Late Update: Hendren gave a further apology to the Associated Press. "When I referred to him as Jewish, it wasn't because I don't like Jewish people," he said. He also added: "I shouldn't have gotten into this Jewish business because it distracts from the issue."

Another source.

Schumer has reportedly accepted Hendren's apology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really ask myself what he means about traditionnal values (insert smiley). Is'nt being a Jew all about traditions foremost???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, sometimes I don't use a teleprompter and I get myself into trouble... I really shouldn't have referred to him as "That dumbass honkey whop flaming homo".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sen. Kim Hendren wrote:
I believe in traditional values, like we used to see on 'The Andy Griffith Show,'"

Maybe he's trying to be like Don Knotts' character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
Sen. Kim Hendren wrote:
I believe in traditional values, like we used to see on 'The Andy Griffith Show,'"

Barney Fife was an antisemite?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
msg tools
badge
whac3 wrote:
quozl wrote:
Sen. Kim Hendren wrote:

Barney Fife was an antisemite?!

"You haven't read the Protocols? Well, goll-oll-oll-oll-eee!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Please ignore my antisemitism, that wasn't meant public consumption, and distracts from the issues.

What?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Taken care of; I've spoken to the Elders.

By the way, here's a totally (ahem) off-the-cuff prediction: Hendren won't win his bid for the US Senate.

Oh, lookie here (from Religion News Service (RNS), a totally uncontrolled and independent news feed service), Senator Hendren is reconsidering running for the US Senate. What a bizarre turn of events.

And, the rest of you, take that as a lesson, muuhahaha.

No, I said one matzahball--one matzahball, goddamn it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.