Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Holmes
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the extended example on page 12 'Sell via Demand Tiles' the diagram shows 3 green cars in the Franklin box with the closed factory and a total of 17 cars on the mid-priced car boxes. On page 13 there is a reference to green selling one Franklin and then in the second round his remaining Franklin. The demand tiles add up to 16, but only 15 cars are shown and it then refers to red taken one loss cube for having the remaining mid-priced car.

If the diagram on page 12 is correct shouldn't it be green that takes the loss? The selling of mid-priced cars via the demand track should be as follows:

1. red sells 2 EMF's (1 plus 1 for bonus sales)
2. green sells 4 Thomas Flyers (1 plus 1 each for the 2 reduced price and 1 bonus sale marker)
3. yellow sells 1 Maxwell
4. green sells 1 Franklin Model A
5. red sells 2 EMF's (as above)
6. green sells the remaining 3 Thomas Flyers
7. green sells 1 Franklin Model A
8. red sells 2 EMF's (as above)

This brings the total to 16 and leaves one green Franklin Model A.

Please let me know if I've missed something. I've only had the rules for a couple of hours so may have overlooked something significant.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like you are correct. The previous pages all seem to indicate that Green has produced 3 Franklin Model A's. But then the text on Page 13 seems to assume that Green only has 2 Franklin Model A's available.

If you assume that Green produced 3 Franklins (as shown on page 11/12), then you are correct, Green should be taking a loss cube for their unsold Franklin.

If Green only produced 2 Franklins, the explanation is still wrong, since there would be 16 cars and a demand of 16 and all cars would sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Keen
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
www.punkzter.blogspot.com
badge
It's a horse. On a chair.
mbmbmbmbmb
There appears to be a mistake in the first round of selling as well. I see how Yellow sold three cards for $450, but how did green sell nine for $1350?

I assume that green sold 4 cards at the $150 price point and 5 for $100 each. This is a total of $1100, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the first turn, all of Green's cars are mid-price models, and all nine sell for the regular price of $150. 9 times 150 is $1350, so that part of the example is correct.

Agree with the above comments about the error in the turn 2 example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Keen
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
www.punkzter.blogspot.com
badge
It's a horse. On a chair.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I see. So I have approached the two different selling prices incorrectly. Unless someone has the reduced prices marker, they will sell at the higher price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henri Harju
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
punkzter wrote:
I think I see. So I have approached the two different selling prices incorrectly. Unless someone has the reduced prices marker, they will sell at the higher price?

Yes. The reduced price marker(s) allow you to sell two (or three) cars at once, but with lower price. No marker - only one car, but with higher price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Reply to orginal post, nope, you are correct, example shuld show green has having one unsold car. My only defence is that I had to make serious changes to the examples to fix another mistake with very little time and no actual game in front of me - so all done in my head.

However, the universe is safe as it will only end when a Warfrog/Treefrog game comes out without a mistake in it.

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some more errors wrong text/wrong diagram.

On page 11 Green produces 5 Ford, on page 12 only 4 are shown.

Text page 12 says "total demand for low-priced cars is more than the total produced". Demand is 11, there are 11 produced cars, so demand matches production exactly (given that green produced only 4 Ford as shown, if he had produced 5 as said on page 11 demand would even be less than production total.)

So going back to page 11 it should read "Green produces four Ford ...total expenditure $820"), diagram should be corrected to four cars on the Ford space.

Then the top diagram on page 13 ... well, almost everything's wrong in there, too much to mention now, also the text as you said.
This continues to the text of loss points on page 13, with Green ending up with 5 LP having to pay $100, Red having only one LP paying $20.

I can only hope I'm right, as I have just completed the German rules and now have to adjust the examples.

Ferdi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.