Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Alea Iacta Est» Forums » Rules

Subject: Templum question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game last night (5p) and had the following situation: one player placed a single die onto the Templum (he was the first one to play there), the round continued and all other players placed their dice on buildings, but not on the Templum. It's back to this player, can he now place a second die on the Templum (and if no one else plays there, a third/fourth/...)? We played that he could.

PS: allthough the rules were clear, during play we forgot to put the remaining dice into the Latrine when someone ends the round, as a result only 2 Re-Roll tokens were handed out during the entire game!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the same player may add a second, third, fourth die to the Templum in later turns.

But I am not sure it is worth it.
If the player is alone in the Templum he will still receive two tokens for his single die if no-one else went in there. And he can never keep more than two tokens anyway. So while he may increase the odds of getting more valuable tokens, it may be more worthwhile to go for something else unless someone else adds dice to the Templum as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Mik is correct--Thanks!

And don't forget to put ALL DICE that do not win something in the Latrine at the end of a round (including dice you placed on other buildings that were not good enough to win a tile).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a good teacher in Stefan cool
Great game btw.!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asif Kazmi
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Yes, the same player may add a second, third, fourth die to the Templum in later turns.

But I am not sure it is worth it.
If the player is alone in the Templum he will still receive two tokens for his single die if no-one else went in there. And he can never keep more than two tokens anyway. So while he may increase the odds of getting more valuable tokens, it may be more worthwhile to go for something else unless someone else adds dice to the Templum as well.


I don't understand this response. Don't you keep all the tokens you get from the Templum? What do you mean by "never keep more than two tokens"? If the player adds more dice, he gets more tokens, one per die he adds, right?

Ah, never mind, I read the rules wrong, I see it now!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tyler
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
If the player is alone in the Templum he will still receive two tokens for his single die if no-one else went in there.

How is it possible for the player to receive two tokens for only a single die placed in the Templum? The player initially receives only one token for placing his one die. If he finishes first (i.e. no one else places dice in the Templum), he is entitled to select two tokens from those he earned this round, but he only has one token to keep. So he keeps his one token.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
How is it possible for the player to receive two tokens for only a single die placed in the Templum? The player initially receives only one token for placing his one die. If he finishes first (i.e. no one else places dice in the Templum), he is entitled to select two tokens from those he earned this round, but he only has one token to keep. So he keeps his one token.


I don't have the rules in front of me, but they do state that if you have the only die in the Templum, you pick a second token from the face down tokens in the general supply and add it face up to your play area.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tyler
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Colorado_Jeff wrote:
I don't have the rules in front of me, but they do state that if you have the only die in the Templum, you pick a second token from the face down tokens in the general supply and add it face up to your play area.

You are correct! I need to read the fine print. On page 6 of the RGG rules, there is a small-font note in italics covering this situation.

Apparently there are some key rules found only in fine print and in the sidebars. The question about placing all remaining dice in the Latrina was answered by reading the sidebar, which I missed the first time through the rules.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.