Popular Tags: [View All]
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Available now as part of a 'Classic Traveller' bundle (or individually) on DriveThruRPG

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=6...

Those maps will need a big printer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta wonder how many downloads they're going to sell?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they've sold one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarcophilus Harrisii

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmb
Any idea if this version is better, worse, or the same as the Far Future Enterprises version that comes on CD and contains pretty much everything from classic traveller including all the boardgames?

I want one but not sure which version to get. It would be nice to have everything but in the end the quality of the scans trumps most other considerations...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BashiBazouk wrote:
Any idea if this version is better, worse, or the same as the Far Future Enterprises version that comes on CD and contains pretty much everything from classic traveller including all the boardgames?
The scans of the boardgame book (containing the rules & maps) is very good indeed, The Traveller supplement book is marginally less sharp, and is the only one that actually mentions FFE. Both are apparently copyright 1980 GDW. As I've never seen that CD, I can't say for sure, but I'd guess it's the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an extensive collection of Classic Traveller items including a mint copy of this. I also picked up many of them on PDF so I could have an electronic copy of the rules. I've noticed the quality of the map scans vary wildly. Some are ok, some are soft and slightly offcenter.

Also printing can be a problem since many of these maps were designed for larger sizes. But you should be able to get your local Kinkos or other printshop to handle them. The ones I don't like are the ones that only offer 8.5x11 sheet sections. I really wish they had given you both the original size and cut up version. Since gluing a bunch of sheets together doesn't look too nice if you are trying to build a high quality edition.

I don't have the PDF edition of this one so glad to hear its better quality. But wanted to warn people not all of them are as nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
The ones I don't like are the ones that only offer 8.5x11 sheet sections.
The maps in Azhanti High are pretty sharp, and 1 piece each. Unfortunately, they won't even fit on 2 A3 sheets at full size... I could print them at 90% and use 10mm figures instead of 15mm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarcophilus Harrisii

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm guessing the files are the same as there is a link on the Far Future Enterprises site for DriveThruRPG (which seems to be down at the moment) and a mention in the TravellerRPG.com forums that leads me to believe they are the same. Which if true would make the CD-ROM from FFE a better deal at $35 than the games bundle as it contains not only the games but everything from classic traveller except the JTAS issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the maps, counters and no rule books. Any takers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BigD145 wrote:
I have the maps, counters and no rule books. Any takers?

You should try listing this on the 2011 SPARE PARTS RESOURCE LIST

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gomer
United States
Largo
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I would be interested in the maps/counters without rulebooks depending upon price? Assuming you still have it?

You can contact me at valwyn@tampabay.rr.com if you would like to discuss!

Thanks
Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.