Popular Tags: [View All]
Gian Carlo Ceccoli
San Marino
Dogana, Repubblica San Marino
Repubblica San Marino
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game last night at CC: Europe, scenario 9.
I lost the game for a breath, as only a missing German unity by the yield of my opponent. Came out two consecutive time and the game is over, with my defeat!
My question is this:

- The rule of Time marker states that if a player finishes the cards Time occurs. If the last card in the deck, pulled for some reason, the event has even Time, the Time only occurs once.
- But ... if I shot one Time by card and immediately after my opponent rolls a second Time by card, they both take place?

In the game last night we have solved both Time stretched and for this reason I have lost .....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
GC58 wrote:
Great game last night at CC: Europe, scenario 9.
I lost the game for a breath, as only a missing German unity by the yield of my opponent. Came out two consecutive time and the game is over, with my defeat!
My question is this:

- The rule of Time marker states that if a player finishes the cards Time occurs. If the last card in the deck, pulled for some reason, the event has even Time, the Time only occurs once.
- But ... if I shot one Time by card and immediately after my opponent rolls a second Time by card, they both take place?

In the game last night we have solved both Time stretched and for this reason I have lost .....

If I understand you correctly, both Time triggers properly occurred.

Pulling consecutive Time triggers on cards is two Time advances with one caveat: triggers don't occur while resolving triggers, so pulling Time on something like a Sudden Death roll doesn't count.

Something like the following is possible:

Fire into a hex with two units
Pull a defense roll for the first unit, it has a Time trigger.
Go through the mechanics of advancing time.
Pull the second defense roll, and pull Time again!
A second time advance occurs here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I get what the OP is saying:

- If you are resolving a fire attack, rally check, rout check, etc. and you draw the last card of the deck and the last card happens to be a Time! trigger, the Time! trigger (like any trigger) is resolved immediately after "locking in the number", but before resolving what the number was drawn for.

The Time Advance occurs due to the Time! trigger on the card, not due to depleting the deck--the deck is replenished during the time advance and never actually ran out.

- After completing all 6 stages of a Time Advance, there is nothing to prevent Time! trigger on the very next card drawn to resolve a fire attack, rally check, rout check, etc.

I think this models how soldiers perceive time during combat: Seconds can seem like hours or vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.