Subject: Image Sizes WITHIN a Post and Centering Text and Images rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. Just looking for a little advice/answers for anyone willing to help.

(1) Is there a way to control the size of an image within a post? If I put this image up using the standard formatting [ImageID=XXX], I get this size, every time (random pic, here):

Can I change the size of that pic by using a different command?

(2) Is there a way to center text within a post?

Thanks for any/all answers.

Chris Montgomery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Today, we're all Spaniards!
cmontgo2 wrote:
Hello. Just looking for a little advice/answers for anyone willing to help.

(1) Is there a way to control the size of an image within a post? If I put this image up using the standard formatting [ImageID=XXX], I get this size, every time (random pic, here):

Can I change the size of that pic by using a different command?

(2) Is there a way to center text within a post?

Thanks for any/all answers.

Chris Montgomery

Try this [ImageID=XXXXXXOriginal]

or [ImageID=xxxxxxlarge]

You can use LARGE, ORIGINAL, SMALL, and MEDIUM if I recall correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try it right NOW....

Did it work?

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could upload a white image to your user gallery (say, the size of a medium image), and insert it before your image. Use [ imageid = XXXXX medium inline ]

To make formatting like tabs and stuff work, some people use the code command [ c ], so you might try messing around with that, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Image size can be changed by using the tags "small", "medium", "large" and "original" immediately after the image ID. So

[.ImageID=195647 medium] (remove first .)

I don't know about centering text, alas.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know nothing about the code command and I don't know how to code... I'm just getting the hang of this formatting stuff right now.

My images above only showed TWO images, even though I tried to set four of them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

I suppose centering is not an option right now... :-)

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, small:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Medium...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Large...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
original....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
I know nothing about the code command and I don't know how to code... I'm just getting the hang of this formatting stuff right now.

My images above only showed TWO images, even though I tried to set four of them...

If the original image is smaller than the "medium" or "large" sizes, BGG doesn't create them and so they aren't available when you try to access them.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Today, we're all Spaniards!
Looks like you're getting it!

I've noticed that not every size works for every photo, so be sure to check the "preview post" button to see how it looks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hollihan
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And please be sure the image you finally link to using "original" or "large" isn't so big it scrolls off the side of the screen!! That takes the text with it and makes it so you have to scroll back and forth to read what's posted for the entire thread. I really hate that. yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This only works with internal images on the geek. It doesn't work with external images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.