Subject: For your viewing pleasure rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb

Very entertaining and informative video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also suggest everyone to search for "EdwardCurrent" on youtube to see the rest of his videos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That video sucks (but the sarcasm is pretty funny).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the video was charming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

As a strong atheist myself, I thought it was a fun and a make-me-feel-good video. Also as a strong atheist, I see immediately how it is facile and fallacious in several ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, I checked out EdwardCurrent's other videos. I agree with a lot of what he says in that they're typical atheist arguments. However, I don't like that he has a burr up his butt specifically about Christians. It's very much about EdwardCurrent vs. Christians. Jews, Muslims, etc. get a free pass. Seems quite and too politically correct for my taste. What comes to mind is some practicing Christian hurt him at some point in his life; maybe a girlfriend dumped him badly, but I'm guessing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lebanon
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
isaacc wrote:

Yeah, I checked out EdwardCurrent's other videos. I agree with a lot of what he says in that they're typical atheist arguments. However, I don't like that he has a burr up his butt specifically about Christians. It's very much about EdwardCurrent vs. Christians. Jews, Muslims, etc. get a free pass. Seems quite and too politically correct for my taste. What comes to mind is some practicing Christian hurt him at some point in his life; maybe a girlfriend dumped him badly, but I'm guessing.

Maybe it's because he doesn't know dick about judaism and islam, making it difficult to be funny about it. It's all about refering to the "message" so if you don't know a single quote of it you're boned. Just a guess. But I agree and I'd love to see more actually funny stuff about islam and judaism instead of the usual dorky mix of fear and hate.
It's not as if there wasn't a wealth of material to make fun of them, what with all their kooky clerics and all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to know for sure where he's coming from. If he's just having fun with some arguments actual Christians make (and believe me, the real nutjobs on both sides aren't on RSP) then I think he's funny and making some good digs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.