Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
I broke this expansion out on the weekend and tried to work out the rules. It gets a bit distracting when you find rules limiting British target cities in the Fighter vs Bomber section, etc. I played through a solo test game and had fun. Certainly adds a lot to the base game.

I think I've got the rules sorted out - took two hours, but I have a nice cheat sheet now

Two outstanding issues...

1. V1's fly "up to 2 hexes" "towards the target city". How literal is that... do I have to move them directly towards the target? Can I move them 1 hex on one turn, then throttle them up to 2 hexes? I realise given the distances involved, it hardly matters, but I can see dastardly players waiting for the Mosquitos to clear while touring Britain with their V1's.

2. When does the Uhu score points against the Mosquito(s)? When the Mosquitos move, or when the Uhu moves? The rules say when the Uhu moves, but it seems a departure from everything else in the game where you have to trap the moving piece.

Thanks in advance...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
1. V1's fly "up to 2 hexes" "towards the target city". How literal is that... do I have to move them directly towards the target? Can I move them 1 hex on one turn, then throttle them up to 2 hexes?

V-1 must fly directly towards target, one or two hexes in one turn (depending on distance from start point to target city).

I put in home rule regarding the V-1's route: If there are two equal ways to target (say from hex 58 to 53 - Bristol - through 55 or 56) German player must secretly write down the paths before V-1's start.
Quote:
2. When does the Uhu score points against the Mosquito(s)? When the Mosquitos move, or when the Uhu moves? The rules say when the Uhu moves, but it seems a departure from everything else in the game where you have to trap the moving piece.

I think there is mistake in the rules. Michael Koznarsky made it clear in the Designer's Notes on page 9 (right column, last paragraph). Also German Quick Reference Chart displays it unambiguously: Uhu scores when Mosquito move into Uhu's hex (just like with other fighters in original game).

I hope it helps. And I hope I'm right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy44 wrote:
dougadamsau wrote:
1. V1's fly "up to 2 hexes" "towards the target city". How literal is that... do I have to move them directly towards the target? Can I move them 1 hex on one turn, then throttle them up to 2 hexes?

V-1 must fly directly towards target, one or two hexes in one turn (depending on distance from start point to target city).

I put in home rule regarding the V-1's route: If there are two equal ways to target (say from hex 58 to 53 - Bristol - through 55 or 56) German player must secretly write down the paths before V-1's start.

I still don't get it. This reads like the V1's should be pre-programmed like the bombers, but there aren't any cards for that. So it should be written down secretly how the V1's will fly, and if the target is further away than 1 hex, the speed should be 2 hexes per turn, unless the distance is an uneven amount of hexes, in which case the V1 flies 2 hexes per turn except the last turn when it flies only one hex before reaching target.

Friedeman, can you shine a light on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukasz Biernat
Poland
Dabrowa Gornicza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
V1 is pre-programmed with a target marker and launch sequence cards.

V1 can attack cities that are in 2 hex radius of its deployment hex.
During the launch, V1 only gains altitude - it remains on the launch hex. In the second round, it flies 0-2 hexes and strikes its target. That's it.

Sometimes there's a situation, where you can reach your target in 2 different ways (when target is 2 hexes away) - when such situation occurs, you should write down your flight path during planning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.