Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H. S.
Germany
Nidderau
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some trouble understanding how missile attacks work. So this is what I understood:

After the missile is in the enemy ship's hex, it has to roll 2d6>target ship speed. If this succeeds, the silhouette has to be checked for the exact position of the incoming missile (row # on front, aft, ..).
The missile now hits the outermost module in the target # row / column.
Now, 2d6 of damage are rolled.

- the sum of the dice is the number used for the hull check (and of course accumulates over several hits)
- the damage of the higher die is applied to the module that was originally hit, the amount of markers = number on the die, but max 2 markers
- the damage of the lower die spreads to all (?) orthogonally connected modules, the amount of markers = number on the die, but max 1 marker (how many neighboring modules are damaged? if only one, which one of the orthogonally neighboring?)

I do not think that my understanding is right - can you help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 3 separate rolls...

2d6 vs speed to see if the missile 'catches' the ship.
2d6 vs silhouette to see where (if anywhere) the missile hits the ship.
2d6 for damage.

The result of the third roll is applied as hull damage.
The higher die is the damage to the module hit: 1-3=occupants take one die of damage. 4-6=occupants take two dice damage and the module gets a damaged marker (max 2).
The lower die is the damage to the adjacent moodules, with the same rules as above for damaging the adjacent modules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. S.
Germany
Nidderau
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FlyingArrow wrote:

The lower die is the damage to the adjacent moodules, with the same rules as above for damaging the adjacent modules.

Hmm, can you explain that sentence further? Until there I think everything was already clear. If I have 3 neighboring modules, is the lower die applied 3 times to the 3 different neighboring modules (assumed they are orthogonally connected?). Or is this a separate hit??

OK, I already learned something: if the high die is low (1-3), there is no damage to the module itself. If the die is high(4-6), there is 1 damage to the module itself.

Or is this right: the worst case to happen is a roll of 5 and 6. In this case, the hit module suffers 1 damage (and the inhabitants 2d6 of damage each), and all (!) neighboring modules as well 1 damage and 2d6 to the inhabitants?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think you have it.

If the dice are 5 and 6, then the module hit as well as all adjacent modules get a damage marker. (Those dice are luckable, though, so it might not happen often.) Damaged modules do not function until repaired. If any module already had a damage marker, it gets a SECOND damage marker and is considered 'slagged', which has additional penalties and must be repaired twice in order to function. There are a maximum of two damage markers on any module. Additionally, all characters in the module that was hit or any adjacent module will suffer 2d6 worth of damage. (Pretty much all of this is luckable, though.)

If the dice are 1 and 5, then the module hit takes a damage marker and occupants suffer 2d6 damage. Adjacent modules are not damaged, but occupants take 1d6 damage.

If the dice are 1 and 3, then no modules are damaged, but everyone in the module that was hit and in any adjacent modules takes 1d6 damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. S.
Germany
Nidderau
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aah, now I got it, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Johnson
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
OK, I already learned something: if the high die is low (1-3), there is no damage to the module itself. If the die is high(4-6), there is 1 damage to the module itself.

all pips on the dice are applied to the damage of the ship.

stay well,

jj

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.