Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy V&Vers,

I'm changing the format for releases for V&V, and the main change is also a request for submissions from you -- if you want to be famous, or see your name in print.

I'm going to finish all the releases on the current V&V release list (by the end of June, hopefully), and a few more scenarios. The scenarios in the files section will contain one or two "starter" scenarios for each nationality, and that's it. After that...

I'm introducing V for Victory: the Valor & Victory Annual. V for Victory, even though it's called an "Annual", may be released once or twice a year. It'll contain all the new releases for V&V -- scenarios, counters, maps, and a whole lot more. This will give me time to actually read, do research, write, playtest, and give you more bang for the buck (so to speak). Instead of the occasional dribble, you'll get a complete PDF magazine, full of V&V goodness.

And that's where you can get involved. If you have a scenario, historical article, tactics article, or anything V&V or WWII related (that's also relevant to V&V) that you'd like to write about please contact me.

The first issue of V for Victory should hit the site around September or October of this year.

-Barry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely spiffing idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Skupin
Germany
Hamm
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I had to look up "spiffing" and it's dead on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kovacs
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a plan! I think I could come up with something for the annual.

I think all your fans (myself included) are just gratified to see that you're going to keep updating the game and not let it fall by the wayside. Keep up the good work, and we'll see if we can help you out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfiecto!

I am not sure if I can contribute somehow... we shall see
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the support -- I think it'll be better fo all of us. It'll give me more time for the other hobbies that have been drawing me away, as well as more time to put together something significant for V&V.

I'm not about to drop the game -- I enjoy playing it, as well as the "crafting" side of PnP -- but trying to put stuff out regularly is dampening some of my interest.

I'll likely add any fan-created article to the magazine, as long as it's well thought out and related to V&V; from scenarios to session reports, to your favorite weapon, hero or battle, it's all welcome. Even lighter articles, like the humorous ones appearing in the old ASL Annuals -- i.e. one about a bagpiper unit, or a Russian flying tank prototype, both with sample counter art. Those were great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.