Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Wiens
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it in the titles of other rules posts. I'll be doubly chagrined if it's in the rules...

Can you purchase experience upgrades for allies?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Buchler
United States
Escanaba
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No can do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wiens
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well frak. That dwarf I just hired is getting pissed off that he keeps winning battles for me but doesn't make any cash or get any experience.

I might have a mutiny on my hands. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb Ulon

Oxford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is one of the weakest points of this game. Approaching the end game, allies become not very useful, as they are too weak compared to the main character. Moreover, "cheap" ones may be better than more expensive ones, since they can provide effects that are still useful compared to high combat stats.

I don't understand why the game designers did not think of it. It would be very easy to introduce a rule where you can spend experience counters for your allies and improve their stats like the character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Young
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to agree that a house rule would make the Allies a bit better in the game overall, I may have to make a nice litle rule for this in my next game, as long as it does'nt imbalance thegame, that would be key for me.

Cheers, more fun and strategy, but not to "easy" of a game.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. G.

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zebulon_ wrote:
Approaching the end game, allies become not very useful, as they are too weak compared to the main character. Moreover, "cheap" ones may be better than more expensive ones, since they can provide effects that are still useful compared to high combat stats.

I count sucking up a 5 point attack with a 2hp ally VERY useful, though I agree that cheap "disposable allies" are often better than expensive ones for just this reason. I can picture the scene in the tavern: "Hey, any of you noobs want to help me go after Maragath? I'll give you 2 gold pieces!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.