Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, at our weekly gaming group this week, we played two games, and this was the second. The first was Small World, which I just finished writing a session report for.

The players as always were Me (TiwazTyrsfist), My wife Inara, and our two friends Matt and Cherithe.

This game did not go ANYWHERE near as well as our first game of Alhambra last week did.

The general consensus was that we had crap draws all along. Pretty much whatever the Least convenient tile or money card was at any moment was what came up.

At the start of the game, the four starting tiles were all 10+ points to buy, and the starting money was all 3's.

Late in the game, we had only high value money cards coming out, all 7's, 8's, and 9's. Which is annoying since all the tiles at that point were 6 or below to buy.

We totaled 10 bonus actions between the four of us through the entire game.

The SINGLE Power play of the game was when Matt managed to buy three of the tiles with exact change. He did this entirely with 1's and 2's. Seriously, he had like 15 money cards at one point.

Also, in the first two scoring rounds, we all had really bad walls. 7 was the best wall score. My best was 4.

All in all, it was just a frustrating game due to really weird bad draws.

Also, With the notable exception of Towers, EVERY SCORING involved at least one split.

Final scores.

Matt - 112
Inara - 92
Me (Tiwaz) - 83
Cherithe - 82

Also, we did some figuring at the end. Cherithe was the only person with a tile in reserve at the end. IF she had been able to place that tile, a three walled Mezzanine, the final scores would have been as follows.

Matt - 105
Cherithe - 96
Inara - 86
Me - 77

So, it's kind of crazy how much change ONE TILE can make.

Also, I really want to get the expansion with the Money changer cards in it. They would have come in SO USEFUL during this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We experimented with the Vizier Tiles extension in our last game, and we very much enjoyed it. However, it would not have made much difference in your game, since it requires the player to pay the exact cost of a tile in order to interrupt the order of play. Sounds like you had a very unusual draw of tiles and money. But, regardless of such circumstances, we always enjoy playing Alhambra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.