Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I miss Assault Fire (from CC:E). Mostly I miss it because it's such a handy way to use flamethrowers, especially against those pesky melee-hungry Japanese. Hanging out a turn in Advance range to be able to flame away is both harrowing and frequently fatal.

My guess is it came out because it's one of the Actions that tends to cause rule confusion. I'm not really sure. If so, I do understand the decision.

Regardless, I miss it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take Enfilade over Assault Fire any day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Olvenskol wrote:
Hanging out a turn in Advance range to be able to flame away is both harrowing and frequently fatal.

Don't know why you mention "Advance" range as one can't assault fire when activated to Advance. An Assault Fire action can only be played when activated by a Move order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
I'll take Enfilade over Assault Fire any day!

I'll swap you three Sustained Fire for three Assault Fire

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
Olvenskol wrote:
Hanging out a turn in Advance range to be able to flame away is both harrowing and frequently fatal.

Don't know why you mention "Advance" range as one can't assault fire when activated to Advance. An Assault Fire action can only be played when activated by a Move order.

"Advance range" as in the Japanese are about to Advance while I'm waiting for my next chance to activate the flamethrower after moving it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Ah...get it now. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Olvenskol wrote:
My guess is it came out because it's one of the Actions that tends to cause rule confusion.

Yes, that was one of the reasons. I also needed room for some of the new actions and so something had to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.