Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an episode of Board Games with Scott, I did a video all about Excape:

You can also download the video at
http://www.archive.org/details/Bgws058BoardGamesWithScott058...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Mental note: Don't make Scott mad in a class... else you get the lowered glasses look...

Also: Pasted on theme? In a Knizia game? I call Foul!

In addition: While I guess I understand the pasted on theme (see above), they still use the old X's from the original??? shake

-DK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review, Scott. You covered all the rules nicely.

The board had me confused. You start on a piece with 4 numbered spaces. Then you move ahead to a section of board with 6 spaces. Then 6 and then 4 again. Okay, so it's base ten when split in half. Why couldn't the board be made base five on each section? It's a little niggling issue, but it broke up my train of thought when moving. The start space could have been moved to the center a bit and the end space is almost entirely unnecessary.

_3
2 4
1 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had heard of this but didn't know anything about it. After seeing this video review and doing a little more research, I ordered the game!

Thanks, Scott...sure appreciate the work you put into these...

jrbentley

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Lam
Hong Kong
Kowloon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,

I am always impressed by your great effort!
Yes I think it would be a nice snack between heavy meals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kidsley
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Long Eaton, Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
these are really great and very importantly informative video reviews by Scott.

hes got a good knack of doing entertaining, concise reviews that cover all the important facets/mechanics of a game

so in conclusion,

thats right 6 stars out of 5!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Never heard of the original game, but I prefer the old board compared to the new one.
Scott is spot on about the box and the unecessary illustration...gives the wrong impression: escape from what ? It looks like a very simple game for sure, but I will not be buying it, well: unless I find an old copy of the original

Tell is as it is, Scott. You are never wrong, well maybe the odd 3% of the time (I bought most of the games you said were good and they were )

Thanks for the great videos, Scott.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Though the old board looks a little cooler than the new board, I think the new box cover (no matter how superficial the theme is) will sell more copies. Non-Gamers are more likely to be attracted to a game about people running from some unknown evil, than a themeless abstract. I think it was a wise decision from the publisher to slap a little theme on there to sell more copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.