Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam McLean
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something we have found with the battling is that after a battle, since both players draw back to 4 cards, it creates a little less strategy in your hand management, expecially if there are multiple battles.

So how we have been playing is that you may only draw back to 4 cards after you have used all of the cards in your hand (offense getting to draw back to their max). Plus, it allows the offense to strategize a bit more in trying to wear down an opponent as opposed to that opponent consistently happening to get a good draw after each battle, fending him off every time. It also allows players to determine which tiles are worth more to them.

We did try having the offense with the option to draw back up to 4 after a battle (if he had 1-3 left), or draw back up to max if he uses all of his cards. It was okay, but it did give the offense a bit too much power, especially when most of the action happens in battles as the board gets filled. But this is an option is you want some back and forth as each player take their turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Harrison
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if I've fully read this correctly, but you aren't allowed to draw back up to 4 after every individual battle. After an individual battle against an opponent, you may only draw one card into your hand. Only at the end of a player's turn may you replenish your hand to 4 cards. This would include those players that battled that turn.

Because of this system, a player will never run out of cards, which is how it was intended.

Hope that helps.

Oliver

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
How I read the instructions is that after a battle, both participatants draw enough cards to bring their hand up to 4, not their maximum. Only on your turn can you draw cards to your maximum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Harrison
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's true. It's just that there's 2 redraws with respect to battle and it's awkward to write out - at least I find it is.

1. After a single battle (as in one attack) during a player's turn, both players involved draw one card.

2. At the end of any player's turn, all players involved in battle with that player during that player's turn draw cards until they have 4 in their hands, including the player themselves. If any player already has 4 or more cards, they draw none.

That's the sum of it.

Oliver

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.