Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In 2-player Ideology, I have a small rules tweak to make. It is actually identical to what the intent of the rules are, but more flexible.

With 2 players, once one ideology is chosen, the rules make it sound like the opposing ideology is set in stone.

However, if you look at the chart carefully, then each ideology is actually playable against TWO different ideologies in the rules. It doesn't matter which ideology is chosen first and which is chosen second.

So, what do I mean by this?

I mean that, even though the rules seem to imply Capitalism can only play against Islamic Fundamentalism, on the very bottom of that list you see that Imperialism plays against Capitalism also.

So, one player can choose (or randomly be dealt) an ideology, and then the second player can choose (or randomly be dealt) one of the two available opposing ideologies, as follows:

CAPITALISM: Imperialism OR Islamic Fundamentalism
ISLAMIC FUND: Capitalism OR Communism
COMMUNISM: Islamic Fund OR Fascism
FASCISM: Communism OR Imperialism
IMPERIALISM: Fascism OR Capitalism

So basically, I am saying there is no reason why the arrow heads on that page are only in one direction. So, there is some choice in what ideology you play against in 2-player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Quixotic Games: www.quixoticgames.com
badge
Dungeon Alliance: Available Now!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Sam.

Yes, you are correct that there are actually two different Ideologies you can play against when the first Ideology is chosen. We simply chose the second Ideology to speed things up. But your method certainly works also.

Thanks!

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.