Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: Ottawa gamers who went at the Glebe Garage Sale: what did you find? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another packed house at this year's GGGS! I swear half the city must be there.

Two years ago I walked it with my family and found a few decent games. Last year I biked it and found squat. This year I biked it and found squat (although I passed on a copy of Kingmaker since I wasn't quite sure if it was valuable or not... then I came home, checked on BGG and let out a few swear words!...)

Well, I didn't find squat this year, but close to it. I only picked up a copy of MacGregor, a Dominique Erhard game (of Sylla, Serenissima and Condotierre fame). It's not very good actually. Too bad.

What did you find?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yves Tourigny
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I found Eiertanz, Quoridor, Munchkin Fu ($1 - anybody want it?), Fling, Monkey Mission (missing a few important pieces), Treasure Hunt (one broken piece), Farm Friends (missing a few pieces), Phantom Rallye (missing a few pieces) and King of the Beasts.

I biked through the streets from 7:00 to 11:00, or so. I'm most happy about Eiertanz and the Playmobil I found. The rest I don'T really care about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great John! Sounds like it will be a packed house!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Cormier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I happily sold Cranium and the first card expansion, and Scene It! and the first dvd expansion.

They were gifts and we played both base games - made $20.00! Woo hoo!

Last year we didn't have a booth since my wife was out of town. I was on the fence about going to brave the crowds but felt if I could find a Crokinole board I'd be really happy. I spelt in and when I finally went out around 10:00 the first thing I saw (I kid you not) is a dude walking by my house with a crokinole board under his arm. I saw another person with one a bit later too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.