Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I read in a few places that the expansion cards had an indication printed on them to identify them on the information side as being part of the expansion. I don't see anything unusual on my expansion cards, and I've already mixed them with the base cards. I'd just like a list of the cards in the expansion to know which is which. Does anyone have such a list? I didn't see it in any of the files, or any of the threads.

Also I can't tell which Gambling world is from the base set and from the expansion, I mixed them together before removing the old one.

While we're on the topic of Gambling world, I don't understand the point of the #'s on the bottom right corner. From what I understand, if you use its power, you discard a good for 1 VP and you name 1-7, flip a card, and keep it if its cost or defense matches your guess. So what do the #'s under 0-7 mean, and what do they have to do with the development, world, and military world symbols that are next to their rows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I must think over my position and how I may improve it.
mb
This should help you with the list of cards at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nevermind regarding the list of cards and which GW is which. I realized there is a little notch on the bottom left of the expansion cards.

I do still have the question regarding the #'s on the Gambling World, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
oeolycus wrote:
This should help you with the list of cards at least.

I had looked at that, but it doesn't indicate anywhere whether a card is from the expansion or base game. But we just missed each other anyway because I figured out how to tell them apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Clark
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
facesnorth wrote:
While we're on the topic of Gambling world, I don't understand the point of the #'s on the bottom right corner. From what I understand, if you use its power, you discard a good for 1 VP and you name 1-7, flip a card, and keep it if its cost or defense matches your guess. So what do the #'s under 0-7 mean, and what do they have to do with the development, world, and military world symbols that are next to their rows?

The numbers on the bottom right show you the number of cards with each combination of symbol and cost, as an aid for the owner. So, for example, on the original Gambling World, the first column is 0, 2, 0, which means there are no zero cost developments, two zero cost non-military planets, and no zero "cost" military planets.

That's why it had to be updated for the expansion---the count changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I see now, thanks. It's an aid to help decide the odds of which # to choose. I had no idea whatsoever the reason why those #'s were there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.